Reaction score
I think I got this EZ wire starting issue figured

When using a universal starter switch the ign 2 becomes un necessary
When you start the car there in constant power to the coil
Im I correct in this assumption or am I going to get into issues,
I can get a Moper starter switch and wire it correctly

Thanks everyone for ur help

And there it is... "EZ" wiring isn't!

You will need to offer up a lot of additional info.

What distributer are you using?
What control box (assuming electronics)?
Do you have a ballast resister?
How did you wire the ballast ( assuming you have one)?

The reason for IGN2 is to bypass the ballast resister during cranking, if your ignition system needs that maybe that will cause you an issue?

What are you using for an ignition system? That is, are you using a system requiring a ballast? If not, just jumper the IGN1 and IGN2 terminals on the ignition switch together

I'm assuming you are using a factory ignition switch, as you failed to mention what you are working on??

440 Mopar electronic ignition kit orange box, Accell super coil, Ballast resister 2 pin, 1 pin from ignition 1 connected to orange ecu other pin to pos coil wire

Only thing I did was not wire ignition 2 as power is constant to coil

What are you using for an ignition system? That is, are you using a system requiring a ballast? If not, just jumper the IGN1 and IGN2 terminals on the ignition switch together

I'm assuming you are using a factory ignition switch, as you failed to mention what you are working on??
The universal starter switch from EZ wire does not have an ign 2 only the factory mopar

68 cuda 440
Using an ez wire universal starter switch

68 cuda 440
Using an ez wire universal starter switch
What do you mean? Is this a push button remote switch, or did you for some reason **** can the factory ignition / key switch?

Key switch
Then if you have it wired correctly it should run and start. Your help here is dismal. I'm tired of using a ******* crowbar to get information.

A universal ignition switch is not a "starter switch."

The thing with IGN1 / IGN2 is all in the original Mopar ignition switch. The same function with Ford was done at the start relay, and GM, at the starter solenoid, with the "I" terminal

Its a new guy Rob and hes useless
this was only my observation

Weird , I talked to Sean about a short I developed about 3-4 weeks ago , he put me in line with what usually happens when a guy shorts out a positive battery post real hard .....

Weird , I talked to Sean about a short I developed about 3-4 weeks ago , he put me in line with what usually happens when a guy shorts out a positive battery post real hard .....
I will call and see if hes there

-
Back