EZ wiring alternator power wire and Coil pos wire??

-

1969ProDart

Reaction score
Ok so the past week or so I've been trying to call Sean at ez wiring. So far no avail.. On my ez wiring harness it has an "alternator power" wire that is I believe 12ga and a "Coil pos" wire about 14ga. Coming from the fuse panel.

Now my alternator/battery setup is what makes me wonder if I need this "alternator power" wire.

Trunk mount battery (MAD electrical trunk mount) with the trunk helper kit, solenoid and all.
It's all setup just haw MAD tells me to.

Now what what my questions are, do I need this Alt power wire? I already have an "interior power" wire going inside the car.
And do I not need the "coil pos" wire since I'm running msd 6al.
Thanks

Well I may not be much help but I did just wire one of these in. But basically back to factory.

The coil + wire is what would normally go to your coil positive terminal. I believe a 6al also needs this wire hooked up.. Or was that a 7 series box???

The Alternator power wire is the wire that charges your battery. I would still think you would need this wire myself.

As for getting ahold of Sean. I dont think you can ever leave a message. I would call about 4-5 times in a row. If I didnt get ahold of him wait awhile and then do the same thing. I usually got ahold of him at some point in the day.

Yea with my setup I have from MAD I don't think I need that alternator power wire from ez wiring. From alt to starter relay is an 8ga cable, from starter relay to trunk battery is another 8ga cable.

I'll probably have to call Sean about that coil+

I don't keep track. Does EZ put diagrams / destructions on their website? Can you post a link?

I don't get it. I do not see why "all these" aftermarket systems need people to keep calling them for support. All they need to do is make the manuals clear and easy to follow.

Yes I feel the exact same! I'll post a pic of the "mopar" diagram that it comes with.
I just didn't know if I needed these wires since of the extra electrical mods I have. Since the wire diagrams or for "stock" routing, didn't know if I can just eliminate the extra.

-
Back