EZ wiring Turn Signal Wiring has me stumped.

-

plumkrazee70

Reaction score
I rewired my car with the EZ wire 21 circuit harness. Last night I hooked the battery up for the first time and was checking the turn signals. I used the diagram per their instructions, however all 4 lights stay on, unless you pull the hazard switch, then they go out. I also have no brake lights when the pedal is depressed.

Another thing that was odd was that they don't have their hazard (brown) going to anything on the turn sw, so I put it to pink, because that wire didn't no have anything going to it, per the diagram. It appears that the 4 lights are receiving power through the hazard sw. How do I correct it?

turn.jpg

Is there two flashers in the system? If the dk brown has no flasher, then it is feeding full time power into the Mopar. When the hazard is activated, then all four lamps will be on.

Is there two flashers in the system? If the dk brown has no flasher, then it is feeding full time power into the Mopar. When the hazard is activated, then all four lamps will be on.

It does have two flashers. Do you know what pink is on the ts sw? It's just weird that there is no color that th dk brown one feeds on the diagram. I put it to pink due to being the only wire not used

I just found this in another thread.

Top to bottom
1....black is horn
2....light green left front
3....tan right front
4....pink hazard power IN
5....red turn flasher IN
6....dark green right rear turn/ stop
7....brown left rear turn/ stop
8....white brake lights power INput

So based on that and the diagram above, everything should work, right?

Does it matter if I have led light bulbs?

When the hazard is activated, then all four lamps will be on.

What's actually happening is the opposite. When the hazard sw is PULLED the lights go out. The 4 lights go on as soon as the ts sw was plugged in with key off.

I wonder what will happen if I pull the hazard flasher and try to operate the turns. I can try tonight.

I think it had two flashers. I wired mine per their instructions didn't have any issues. Yes I spliced their brown wire to my pink wire. Can double-check in the morning for you. How far along are you in the installation? Have you connected the other column wires to the car yet?
Make sure you have a good factory service manual wiring diagram while you're doing this also. I had to bounce back and forth a lot.

Well I just went out there, and I think I figured it out. I replace the two front bulbs with incandescent bulbs. And everything works as it should. so that tells me I need to get an electronic flasher for the LED bulbs I have.

I am not familiar with all the "weird ****" that LEDs cause. But make certain your LEDs are proper type and not say, for dome lamp use or back up lamps or something else

Your problem is not with the light bulbs, but with the wiring of the car. Apparently, in some place, the contact has rotted or moved away.

No, it was definitely the bulbs. I kept them and put in an electric flasher and they work perfect.

I rewired my car with the EZ wire 21 circuit harness. Last night I hooked the battery up for the first time and was checking the turn signals. I used the diagram per their instructions, however all 4 lights stay on, unless you pull the hazard switch, then they go out. I also have no brake lights when the pedal is depressed.

Another thing that was odd was that they don't have their hazard (brown) going to anything on the turn sw, so I put it to pink, because that wire didn't no have anything going to it, per the diagram. It appears that the 4 lights are receiving power through the hazard sw. How do I correct it?

View attachment 1715458761

You cant go by that, I couldn`t , remember that harness is set up G M style , and the crossreferancing doesnt fit all mopars . Sean at E Z is super smart if he`s still there , give him a call .

This thread is a year old. Lol. Thanks, guys but it's working like it should. The wiring diagram he gave is correct, I just needed an electronic flasher for LED be bulbs in the tail and park lights.

This thread is a year old. Lol. Thanks, guys but it's working like it should. The wiring diagram he gave is correct, I just needed an electronic flasher for LED be bulbs in the tail and park lights.

Why do old threads show up , w/o someone pulling them up w/ a comment ?

Well I just went out there, and I think I figured it out. I replace the two front bulbs with incandescent bulbs. And everything works as it should. so that tells me I need to get an electronic flasher for the LED bulbs I have.

I would throw the LEDs in the ditch. But that's me.

-
Back