F body spindles

-

gremlin

268Darts
Reaction score
I was looking at an Aspen and was wondering if the disc brake setup is the same as the A bodies. Spindles, calipers, upper control arms, etc. Anybody tried 'em?

You can use them but you will need a differant set of upper control arms.

I went back out to the JY and the upper arms don't use the eccentrics like A bodies. They kinda look like a GM set up. Spindles, calipers, and rotors are the same??

i took spindles out of the FMJ body and they work on them... the taller spindle has some people worried about alignment - but mine aligned fine.

So when swapping drum brakes for the F body Aspen disk brakes what upper control are do you have to use. What bolt pattern is the Aspen setup and what is required for wheels? I am thinking about this quite seriously as I lucked out and found one of these cars that hasn't been through the crusher yet. Does anyone know what tranny and rearend came in the V8 auto Dodge Aspen?

You need to use the 73-76 A body (or aftermarket tube) control arms that use the larger ball joint.

Lower arms are ok but I think you will also need 73-76 A body lower ball joints

Just what Adam said.
Big upper ball joint control arm and you'll need the Newer lower ball joint, you wanted to replace them anyway. :)
I used a set of '72 B body spindles with the big upper / lower and everything looks good so far. I checked them against an A body spindle and they are maybe 1/8" different. Supposeablly it helps the front end geometry.

iwas reading on bbd in the tech section about
b f l m r spindles use on an a-body.
interesting reading.
might spark some debate on a new source of brake parts. :thumbup:
longarm

This would be one of the most sought after swaps to do a picture by picture of...If anyone has seen or plans on doing one soon take some pictures ... just a thought...

-
Back