" Fabo Car "

-

Small Block

Reaction score
For those of you that have just crawled out from under your rock the top sticky on "General Discussion " will explain it all.
Now down to business. On the 67 Valiant we're going to cut out everything that isn't needed for strength. On the inner fenders how much can we remove, The door panels will be gone plus any cuts that can be made to remove any uneeded weight. We need your suggestions on this so we're listening to good advice so please feel free to be a part of the FABO car at no expense. Need some fiber glass also. Need bumpers front and rear. Front fenders if any are made for a 67. Front hood. Rear trunk lid. Any ideas? Thanks guys and gals. Post here. I'll be back.

I seem to recall someone making 67/68 glass hoods. I think it was VFN Fiberglass in Addison Illinois. You are aware the 67 fenders are the same as the fenders on 70 to 76 Dusters as well as 67 to 69 Valiants? Since the only difference is the marker lights and most glass fenders dont have holes cut for them the fenders should be easy to find if you search for Duster ones. Ditto on the rear bumper. It is the same on 67 to 69 Valiants and 70 to 73 Dusters on fiberglass molds. Just a thought and maybe a unique way to save some cash. Just do a 70 to 72 duster front end. Its all bolt on stuff! You will be able to find everything in glass much easier and cheaper. Heck, the 69 Valiant has a Duster front clip on it with just a different grille. Mopar Muscle built that 69 Valiant. All they did to the front was bolt in a Sharkstooth grille as the entire front was Duster metal. Unless you are a purest and want that split grille and beveled hood out front??? If you need any metal and I mean ANY metal for that Valiant I have a bud here in Chi Town who has EVERYTHING you could possibly need.
Chas.

Chaz: Thanks so much. You have contributed wheather you know it or not. Let me know your buddys name and address and phone # and i'll contact him should we need anything. Thanks

I say we start up a little collection and just go for an entire fiberglass tilt front end :-D Hey I can dream right?

Small Block, I will get his address, number, blood type, or anything else you need and update. This is a guy I have known for many years. The parts stash he has could easily build two or three complete Valiants out of stripped shells. He has lots of metal, interior, trim, glass mostly from 67 Valiants but also has some 68/69 Valiant stuff as well. Even has a nice project for sale. I will get a call to the man and let him know.
Chas.

leave all the stregth stuff, add a cage, frame connectors, pull the motor n tranny, and build a dancer :D

-
Back