FABO Hall of Fame Forum? Just an idea - My first Nomination

-
69 Cuda 440 is exactly the first person I thought about. All of his threads are really good reading. Even if he does think I am an amateur clown.

I even complimented YOU in this very thread.....granted I did take a stab but I meant the compliment. I was trying to extend the olive branch and you broke it off. YOU did that, not I.

When I threw out the idea, I "was" thinking more of threads than people, but obviously without people, there would be no threads. (Brilliant observation on my part, huh?)

Threads that contain a lot of accurate Mopar history and historical Mopar photos just seem to me, deserve to be preserved in a readily available format, ie; a Forum.

Call it Mopar A-bodies History, or "A-bodies Hall of Fame, FABO Historical Library or whatever. For me at least, there are some threads which are kind of buried amid the many others and the only way to find them is to search for them. I know that is an option, but a forum just seems simpler in the end.'

Isn't a "sticky" just one thread? So you could end with a hundred (or whatever) stickies.

My intent is not to single out someone as better than someone else. I do however recognize that there a lot people, many on FABO who have a lot more knowledge and first hand experience from the "hay-day" of Mopar performance, drag racing, street racing, development of our beloved A-bodies and other topics than I could ever hope to have. If several of them have a thread that is a gold mine of that history with tech facts, anecdotes and photos, (like the D-Dart thread), I would love to have access to a library of those.

Sure I was there for some of it, but I wasn't immersed in it like some of you. And, personally, I just love seeing that kind of stuff. I love all of FABO (ok, 99.5% of it :)) and enjoy spending time on here. I am addicted like some of you all are.

I don't know if I just muddied the water more, but I hope not.
:happy1:

I think it's a great idea. I'm glad you came up with it. I still maintain that 69 Cuda 440 would be a great one to start off with.

I would like to nominate AdamR, afterall he is the founder of FABO if it weren't for him none of us would be here.:burnout:

You know what a Hall of Fame will bring?

More bull***.

Once upon a time there was members on here who lorded gold membership. They may still be around, but I haven't seen the "I'm better than you because I'm a gold member" comments in a while.

So you paid for the privilege of having more PM space and being able to see T&A. Good for you. Get over yourself. Hell, according to one such member I'm a "low rent" member because I wasn't gold and I don't own an A-body. This same member takes a lot of time bragging about himself and what he owns. Like I said: get the f*** over yourself.

I can see it coming now. There will be those who are nominated and elected into a "Hall of Fame" who will let it go to his (or her) head and sit back and think they own the site, the rest of us peons, and every comment on here.

We've already got d***heads like that on here, why elevate them?

Then you'll get the members who are all butthurt because they think they should be in the "Hall of Fame" who will b****, moan, and whine until someone decides to just shut 'em up and make them a "Hall of Famer," at which point the circle will begin again.

No offense, Rob, you know I have a lot of respect for you, but we're seeing it in this very thread. Someone who thinks they know more than someone else getting on his gilded throne to lord over the peons of inferiority.

Personally, I don't think any one member, if the crowd decides to vote for class president, is more or less important than another. This place was here long before I got here and will be around long after I leave - when I do. The same goes for each and every member here. To think otherwise someone has either had his (or her) *** kissed so much that there's a big pucker sound every time he (or she) signs off or one has such an inflated sense of self he (or she) needs to get a little thing I call perspective.

Good God, people. This place runs one extreme to the next. It's either knock down drag out fight or so sugary sweet it'll make your teeth hurt. And one usually leads to another.

How bout we just let the threads run their course, let members be members, and call it all good.

Breathe and say foosbaba and all will be better :)

I'm tryin. lol That's why I'm comin back with good stuff. Daddy (RIP) always said "kill them with kindness"

No offense, Rob, you know I have a lot of respect for you, but we're seeing it in this very thread. Someone who thinks they know more than someone else getting on his gilded throne to lord over the peons of inferiority.

None taken, Robert. You make a lot of very valid points.

This is what I would expect to see if we had a forum like that. View attachment pic_giant_081413_SM_The-Obamacare-Train-Wreck-Old.jpg

It would also use more server space since the thread would have to be in two locations if it was a sticky. If it was moved to the forum mentioned it wouldn't be easily found unless you knew where it was, definitely it wouldn't be newbie friendly. Most of all it would become an ego trip for some people.

I think the system we have is fantastic with the sticky plus if you want to save a thread all you have to do is add it to your subscriptions.

bth_trainwreck_zps2125351b.gif

Instead of a "Hall of Fame" how about a forum for just those of us with the gigantic chips on there shoulders? The ones that pretty much look down on damn near everyone. That blow there chest out and do the Tarzan yell when some one makes a mistake. There is enough of them on here.....

We have one, Its called the Politics forum

When I threw out the idea, I "was" thinking more of threads than people

I was thinking along the same lines...more enshrining the subject or information contained in the thread as opposed to who posted it.

Wonder if my flyswatter would kill that irritating bug in your signature ^^^

:happy1: Kidding..........LOL

How bout we just let the threads run their course, let members be members, and call it all good.

I was about to think this was a good idea and then the good vibes turned to crap. Robert, you called this one right. I've seen enough.

Spike,,,,

It was a good idea from the Heart.......

You get a Class Trophy from 'Tri-Cities Drag-Way' for the effort.........

or

A brand new 'still-in-the-box' Adjustable Pinion Snubber from 'Coletti Chrysler-Plymouth'
{circa; 1969}.

Bought it from them at the 1969 Indy Nationals.......{and never put it on one our Cars}.

5053412804_46a73fdf89_z.jpg

Since we are voting on stuff, I vote we have an unthank you button. I can think of five seperate posts I accidently thanked because my touch screen and me clumsy thumbs lol!

And why is there a hand sticking out the grill of that cuda pictured above me?!?:wack:

/ 6 Matt

I believe that is the Driver of the 1968 Camaro SS350 that Mark Coletti
sucked in thru the Carter AVS Carburetor as he blew by the Chevy at the
1969 Indy Nationals 'F/SA' Class Finals.

Spike,,,,

It was a good idea from the Heart.......

You get a Class Trophy from 'Tri-Cities Drag-Way' for the effort.........

or

A brand new 'still-in-the-box' Adjustable Pinion Snubber from 'Coletti Chrysler-Plymouth'
{circa; 1969}.

Bought it from them at the 1969 Indy Nationals.......{and never put it on one our Cars}.

5053412804_46a73fdf89_z.jpg

Thanks for the kind thoughts and that is a great photo of a very cool 68. :) Ah, "good old days." LOL

-
Back