FABO Mentor Program ... Another Young Guns Idea from The CudaChick

-
This thread is working. I've helped a few down south young guns with parts for free or cheap. Ran across one at Cecil Ga. last year and feed him some cheap parts and advice. This is a great idea!

So what is the official age when you are really not a young gun anymore and pass into "old person status"??

I am 28 and some say I am a young gun but I think I can help some younger than me in some cases.

So what is the official age when you are really not a young gun anymore and pass into "old person status"??

I am 28 and some say I am a young gun but I think I can help some younger than me in some cases.

To me Rani, a person is mentoring when you don't show a person how, but instead show them WHY!! I can show anybody how to do anything at work, and they can stand there all day doing it and learn nothing! Its when they want to learn why they're doing something that youre showing them, and you can explain why, that you become a mentor! There's no age attached, just knowledge, in any aspect of life!

Case in point... Had a pool table given to me, and gave it to a friend who really wanted it! Asked me to help set it up, told him I would help but didnt really know what to do! Called a pool table guy and he came out, man that dude knew everything there was to know about that pool table, which turned out to be a rare model from the late 50's! Showed us how to set it up, level it off, what went where and why, how to wax the slate together, everything!! Oh, and this guy was maybe 25 years old!!!!

With your knowledge, your mentoring days are here girl, you just need to open the shop!!! Geof

-
Back