FABO NHRA Pick 'Em - Proposed Rules

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
OK. Here's the proposed rules for a FABO NHRA Pick 'Em for 2011. Read them over, kick it around, and give me your feedback. I'll digest it all, rework things if necessary, and post the final rules no later than February 12th.
Remember, the NHRA season kicks off with the WinterNationals scheduled for Feb. 24-27.

FABO NHRA Pick 'Em Rules - 2011
Classes:
* Top Fuel
* Funny Car
* Pro Stock
* Pro Stock Motorcycle
* Highest total point accumulation from all classes at the end of the season is the winner
* Pick one driver/car per each class for each National Event

You must post your picks to FABO no later than midnight on Thursday of the event weekend. Picks posted Friday will not be counted. This will allow everyone to review the event class entry list on www.nhra.com, and also check the times from any Thursday qualifying runs.

* 10 points awarded for each round won during final eliminations (40 points max. per event)

* Bonus Points:
Bonus points awarded each event based on your selected drivers final qualification position as determined by NHRA
# 1 Qualifier = 8 points
# 2 Qualifier = 7.5 points
# 3 Qualifier = 7 points
# 4 Qualifier = 6.5 points
# 5 Qualifier = 6 points
# 6 Qualifier = 5.5 points
# 7 Qualifier = 5 points
# 8 Qualifier = 4.5 points
# 9 Qualifier = 4 points
#10 Qualifier = 3.5 points
#11 Qualifier = 3 points
#12 Qualifier = 2.5 points
#13 Qualifier = 2 points
#14 Qualifier = 1.5 points
#15 Qualifier = 1 point
#16 Qualifier = 0.5 point

5 Bonus Points awarded per class to the driver posting the quickest elapsed time or fastest speed per event during either qualifying or eliminations

15 Bonus Points awarded per class to any driver establishing a new national record elapsed time or speed during an event (must be backed up per NHRA rules)

Each professional class has an 88-point potential per event if your selected driver qualifies in the #1 position, wins the event, has the quickest elapsed time and fastest speed, and sets both ends of the national record for the class during the event. 352 points max. per event with all four professional classes; 264 points max. per event that do not include Pro Stock Motorcycle.

If your selected driver fails to qualify for an event, you receive 0 points for that class.

That is going to be tough since Pro qualifying starts on Friday?

Usually starts on Friday, but the WinterNationals first round of Pro qualifying is on Thursday.
I didn't want to allow picks on Friday because Friday night qualifying during most of the season sets the top qualifying positions. If I allow picks to be posted up to midnight Friday, then I'll eliminate the Qualifying Bonus Points.

I know at the Gators in Gainsville, first round is Friday. I havn't missed but one since 1970. But I see your point.

FABO NHRA Pick 'Em , I am in and looking forward to the season to strat ocdart :thumbup:

-
Back