fabo on facebook?

-

7duce swinger

Reaction score
I noticed other forums have their sites on facebook and have a venders page sort of like a post your parts and cars for sale, but I also noticed the fabo page on Fb is hardly used? Why is that?stop going on or what? The ford pages seem to sell parts on a daily basis and not to mention cars as well. Just thinking about that today, How many people have a Facebook lol?

I have one, but what would be the advantage of going there (where the conversations are limited and peppered with crap from anyone who stopped in ( especially Ford, GM, and import guys) to make a passing inflammatory comment, vs. Being here where you have to register to participate?

Just asking because I don't see an advantage to FABO for being there. What am I missing? Are there revenue advantages to FABO by having a FB page?

I looked for FABO on face book but couldn't find it. I also noticed that there is a lot of pages named fabo that have nothing to with the real FABO.

Pretty sure I joined the FABO Facebook page.....but I have never been on it....

Was just thinking about it, other pages you have to be accepted, and any stupid posts you're banned. Just saying wouldn't it be better to spread fabo? I see a lot of sales on the other forums. More people are on facebook during the day vs fabo I would think.

And yeah I see the brand x people go on sometimes, with a quick boot off the page after starting something.

I have one, but what would be the advantage of going there (where the conversations are limited and peppered with crap from anyone who stopped in ( especially Ford, GM, and import guys) to make a passing inflammatory comment, vs. Being here where you have to register to participate?

Just asking because I don't see an advantage to FABO for being there. What am I missing? Are there revenue advantages to FABO by having a FB page?

I'm sure there could be monetary advantages if FABO sold items, but it does'nt (we do).
Then someone would have to manage it also.

I'm sure there are also people like me, who think facebook and all it's social "sharing" sucks, and is a waste of perfectly good time that could be better spent, and don't need 125 or 10,000 friends on thier page to make them feel like a worthwhile person or that they have a real life.

Wow, did that turn into an anti Facebook rant? :D

I'm sure there could be monetary advantages if FABO sold items, but it does'nt (we do).
Then someone would have to manage it also.

I'm sure there are also people like me, who think facebook and all it's social "sharing" sucks, and is a waste of perfectly good time that could be better spent, and don't need 125 or 10,000 friends on thier page to make them feel like a worthwhile person or that they have a real life.

Wow, did that turn into an anti Facebook rant? :D

^^^^^^^ XXs2

FABO is a message board.

Facebook is...a message board.

Redundant to have a message board for a message board, eh?

I was just asking lol , the brand x pages seem to do fine there's a ford page that I'm on, seem to find parts there easier because that's all it is, parts and car sales, rarely any general discussion. Got an 850 blow through carb in working and great condition for 200$, all sorts of parts people also sell Mopar and Chevy parts there, only reason I'm on is because I own an sn95 mustang and parts are dirt cheap, Maybe its just a big thing with the younger crowd though lol. I just wondered why the Facebook fabo isn't more often used. All you ol' timers lol..

Lol no one uses it.., I was wondering why people don't use it more often, to sell parts or something, sell fabo stuff since Facebook is usually used by a lot of people and most likely more people use facebook but guess not. Maybe not the coolest idea though^^^ lol sort of like a " northern cal parts page yada yada..

facewhat? is that one of them newfangledy gadgets where the young whippersnappers trade pictures of kittens and such ?

Facebook.. A place where you can meet the love of your life, and the biggest mistake of your life at the same time.

In all seriousness you don't have to stalk 13 year old girls jd lol

facewhat? is that one of them newfangledy gadgets where the young whippersnappers trade pictures of kittens and such ?

No, It's a good way to keep in touch with distant family and friends and if you are careful it's no different than coming here to visit and get information.

Don't use it. I could care less who combed their hair when etc.

I couldn't even find fabo anymore on there. Lol you know you can block people and remove stuff so that you don't see it on your feed. Chuckman.

It is a cool thing to have, because a) not all your distant family is on Fabo, b) it could be used for selling etc etc blah blah blah lol..

But then again you always get those Chevy guys talking sh** and it gets annoying, I'm building the sn95, and use that page to locate cheap parts and occasionally you get the "ls1 posse" or simply camaro guys that usually just like to show how stupid they are. I understand that part.. They do have respect for Mopars though, 👍 no one seems to have a problem with that haha

-
Back