You are going to enjoy this site

Great people, cars, and information

Sweet looking car

Enjoy!

Attachments

• DSC06156.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 107
Details:

Between the boat, the quads and now this car I barely have time to maintain nevermind build/restore, therefore I bought this car as you see it. The only thing Ive done is set the valves,installed a 3" header dump,hooked up the NOS and worked on the back end set up. I certainly applaud everybody for doing what you do as far as restoration/building. Frankly, I just don't have the time.

The Demon of course is an original 72 340, with a 69 block,balanced/built crank,6 pack rods, 020" over KB pistions,Eddy alluminum heads, roller cam/valve train/solid lifters,RPM intake,750 and a 850 performer (havent decided which one to use),NOS 150hp shot,electric fan,fuel cell,shaved water pump impellor,battery in trunk...........And......built 727,cheetah manual valve body, set up for a trans brake,line-lock,8 3/4 with hardened gears (4:86),strange axles,tubbed (obviously) running 31X16.5 ET Streets. I'm missing a bunch of stuff here but this is it in a nutshell, The car will run 11.8's all day when tuned/set up on engine and on NOS im not sure, as I too dont have cage nor do I want to install one. My guess on spray the car Should run mid-to high tens" given that my buddies 68 Dart dropped 1-1.5 secs with the same set-up.

Its funny, Ive been going through the bills from the guy that built it and I stopped at ~$20k for the drive train alone with a bunch of misc. bills left to count. Likely I could NOT afford to build it either on top of the time issue......lol

Darin

Thanks et all,

Bought the car so my son and I could work/race it together. This was the "sell" to the wife anyway..lol. She still has not warmed up to the idea in fact the first words that came out of her mouth were:

1) "Purple", are you serious?
2) What do you mean its doesn't have a heater!
3) Wheres the stereo?

And finally after going for a ride:

4) If you ever,ever do that to me again I'll........

Darin
Welcome fellow Canadian, #4 most of us with power under the hood have heard this before and wish I could cause my car was a slant six before but now houses a 360 about 325 HP, but I still have the weak 7 1/4 rear and I cant push it too much although it has lasted three years so far! Bought my car new and had it ever since...love it.

Welcome to Fabo. Nice ride. Stance looks great with those rear meats. Ditto the 3" open headers. I ran mine that way last weekend. Inside the car with nothing on the floor to dampen the sound it was just too loud. Had to put on my helmet. Who needs a stereo when the engine is playing that sweet stroker tune?

You never told us what is in the car.

Welcome to Fabo. Nice ride. Stance looks great with those rear meats. Ditto the 3" open headers. I ran mine that way last weekend. Inside the car with nothing on the floor to dampen the sound it was just too loud. Had to put on my helmet. Who needs a stereo when the engine is playing that sweet stroker tune?

You never told us what is in the car.

As above in the "details" post woof.

Darin

-
Back