Fabric help needed for tractor enclosure

-

rod7515

Reaction score
Well Im thinking this is the last year for the material on my JD cab enclosure. Its got so many wind/snow leaks its time to rebuild for next year. Was wondering if anyone knows of a supplier for the clear plastic windows and the actual cab material(soft top). I can get it sewn together just need to find a place to buy material. Its got a really nice fiberglass roof but the sides and rear need revamped. I will turn some of it into metal. Of course first I must finish this Dart before taking on another project!
Thanks for any help you can send my way
Rod

Probably get it where material is sold. It was made originally of canvas. You could also try a place that makes boat tarps/covers.

Are the plastic windows flat? You could probably have something custom made using glass. People used to have that done all the time with tops for convertible cars that came with plastic windows that yellowed over time.

Material we used in the Navy was called herculite. Pretty good stuff, flexible, lasted a long time exposed to salt and weather.

Rusty, all the windows are the 40 gauge plastic and I do plan on replacing with a piece of glass. I may even do the rear and sides in glass. I have some spare side windows from a 66 Dart! Halifax, Thanks for that link. I will contact them to see if I can buy from them or if I have to locate one of their vendors.

After sitting in this thing today for 10+ hours I think I may look for a more modern unit. The unit I have is a 94 JD 420. It has PS, hydraulic lift for the snow blower and hydrostat trans but it beats me to death. And this storm was gigantic! The enclosure work well today and the sun really helps keep it warm in there. Usually I am cleaning snow after dark. This was a rare occasion to snow blow during daylight!
Im thinking a JD 4 WD in a compact unit with hard cozy cab, heat and wiper! Sound system, console...... Hope wife lets me spend $$$$$. lol
Thanks again guys
Rod

Don't forget a heater for when it gets cold.

I think the glass would be a great idea! At least that way, you will have something worth having. Good luck.

Hey Halifaxhops, that Herculite company is in Emigsville which is just outside of York about 15 miles from me. I'll definately checking them out!
Rod

-
Back