Fabricate steam pressure washer?

-

Rice Nuker

Let the Coal Roll!
Reaction score
Hi,

Anybody fabricate a water heater for a pressure washer making a steam pressure cleaner?

I looked online for the afterheater types for hooking to my 3000 psi 2.7gpm sears pressure washer.

I see plenty online, they all cost 1500 or more. My dang pressure washer only cost 550.

I thought I would make one out of some copper tube and 5 gallon bucket full of burning gasoline but I havent been drunk enough for my creative gene to fully come out. Just kidding.

Obviously there are safety factors to take into consideration and I am not looking for speculation on how dangerous running a flame thru a coil of tubing with 3000 psi can be. I am looking for real experience if possible.

Anyone out there make a steam cleaner?

I haven't, but I thought of doing the exact same thing. Just run the pressurized water through an old water heater coil and then let it go out to the nozzle. I'd just make sure you can modulate the flame and have a blow-off valve somewhere in there.

Yes. I dont believe the water heater will tolerate the pressure created by the pressure washer running the water heater post pressure washer. I read some people running the water heater pre pressure washer. Most claimed it worked fine even running the water heater on max. A few claimed the hot water was hard on the pump. Most claimed it was not an issue.

BTW, my buddy bought a little "Steam Jenny" used, for dirt cheap at some auction.....probably your best bet.

-
Back