Fabricated valve covers

-

Reaction score
Thinking about changing to fabricated valave covers on the small block. Who all is running small block fabricated valve covers and lets see some pics???

Thanks Mike

I have a set, Polished Aluminum. Purchased off ebay for about $60.00. Must be very carefull they scratch easy.
Jim
View attachment 321928

Not only that, but from what I know about welded aftermarket valve cover welding leaves a LOT to be desired. I've gotten in TWO SETS out of probably a dozen to coat that didn't have pinholes in the corners. Be very careful where you buy them and inspect them thoroughly under bright light when you receive them.

Leanna is correct about inspecting the welds on the fabricated valve covers. There are a bunch of the made over seas and the quality control is very poor. I've seen them new at some of the swap meets here in Texas, if you hold them up towards the sun and look at the welds you will see pin holes. It should be buyer beware of the overseas knockoff junk, if it sounds to good to be true it usually is.

Unfortunately I've also seen a few pairs made right here in the U.S. that aren't up to par either Demonracer.

dont have pics but i purchased mine from mancini racing and they look good.

I got these from KMJ performance in Iowa somewhere.
I scuffed them and painted them a semi gloss black.......had to machine one more hole for screw in breathers so I could have one available for the fill cap.
They were plenty cheap , but the exhaust side rail needs relief to clear the springs on a W-9.
Excuse the mess.......I am now done building the headers and commencing to clean up and paint the under hood area for the final time.:D

Attachments

• cooling & headers 001.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 466
  • cooling & headers 002.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 507
these came on this 360 i just picked up , ive always liked the original steel pieces but ill suffer lookin' at these in my dart .

Attachments

• 360 magnum 003.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 463
  • 360 magnum 001.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 494
-
Back