Fabrication Thread: What have you made?

-

4mulaSvaliant

Reaction score
Hey guys, Some of you know I design, fabricate, and in a case or two even Manufacture a thing or two.

Id like to see what other cool stuff people have fabricated! Throw some pics up guys!!!!!

I have a handful of small items I have created, and once again find myself working on other peoples cars before I give attention to mine. I am currently working on Motor mounts to drop a mid 60's industrial Chevy straight 6, in a TCI chassis which will soon be a 27 Ford pickup Roadster.

TCI is not familiar with the engine so they of course didn't place or even have motor mounts for him.

SO here goes.... Ill also see what else I can throw up here for some junk to look at.

Attachments

• MTS.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 2,293
Here is 3d land and realized prototype!

Attachments

• column.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 2,310
  • Column Skirt-01.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 2,306
A friend of mine had added "Hydro boost" brakes to his 1967 Mustang (complete with Triton V-10). The master cylinder was "clocked" at like 60* and he needed to adapt a Wilwood reservoir to it. So I made this adapter and it worked beautifully!

Attachments

• brk.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 2,308
Did you CNC that column skirt out of a solid block of aluminum? Definitely some awesome CAD skills there.

This has been my biggest success...

And damn it that's a beautiful car!!! (NOT MINE)

Attachments

• adapter-01.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 2,308
  • BLK-ADP-frt.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 2,303
Did you CNC that column skirt out of a solid block of aluminum? Definitely some awesome CAD skills there.

Yeah it was a billet piece. Just slightly larger than the finished diameter. I was fortunate enough to have nearly nailed it the first time and didn't waste any expensive material trying to get it right. I only had to open a hole or to a bit larger.
I have yet to get back to it, but I had hoped to manufacture it. I contacted "IDIDIT" the steering column company, but they didn't even entertain the thought.... Id have sold it cheap!!! LOL
I think they just have bigger fish to fry really.

nice work. i do most of my fabrication with sheet metal.
contour guage
lower quarter patch
complete one piece trunks extensions

nice work. i do most of my fabrication with sheet metal.
contour guage
lower quarter patch
complete one piece trunks extensions

same,...most recently a drop tank/6" suction line holder/bracket, hydralically operated, bolts to the side of a Fire trunk/tanker.

subframe connecters

Attachments

• 100_2091.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 2,208
  • 100_2127.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 2,257
  • 100_2126.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 2,230
  • 100_2089.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 2,234
Im confused,are you selling a flip top gas cap or just the adaptor?

Needaresto: Just the adapter!

Evil340: Awesome work. Most of my work on the side to fund my Valiant is sheet metal work. However yesterday I stretched an S-10 frame 9" to match the wheel base of the 46 Plymouth special Deluxe. Pics at lunch time maybe! LOL

I've started building my arsenal of sheet metal tools though. I most recently bought a planishing hammer. Love that thing but haven't had much use for it. I figure Ill really need it once I get to the body on the 46. I'm not sure, but I may pancake the roof a little, it has a serious bump. That and who knows.... I may chop it a tad. If I get that far Ill be leaving the A pillars at stock height and angle the rear down. We shall see!

Keep em' coming guys!!!! I love this stuff!!!

I ve also got a planishing hammer. Haven t used it yet though. My favorite is the English wheel. Don t use it much but its fun to use

I'd love to have those tool's,and a shop big enough to put em in!!

Pulley plate for a whipple charged LS7.

Attachments

• 100_5700.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 2,198
  • 100_5679.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 2,195
Photos of a Ralley-Pac I built for my Comet. Also fabricated the retrofit cruise control linkage and modified the stock air cleaner so I could keep it.

Attachments

• RPbench.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 2,151
  • RPCfront.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 2,164
  • RPCleft.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 2,148
  • RPCwide.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 2,140
That's bada$$ !
What was the final plate made on? CNC? Hand made on a mill with a pattern?

On a lathe after mocking things up with a pattern. You can see the pattern in the middle of the first pic I posted.

Attachments

• 100_5667.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 2,121
" Surge tank " with thermostat housing for my W-9's.
Coolant is fed into the block through the center core plugs and exits out three ports in the valley side of the head.
I had help with the welds and as primitive as they look , there are no leaks.
That only took three tries with the pressure tester.:D
Milled a chunk of 3/8" for the top and plunged a 1 1/2" end mill for the stat.
Bent the sides up to eliminate two seams. ( .125 " ) whipped up a bottom , drilled holes and welded in the bungs for an fittings.
I wish there was something commercially available for this......I couldn't find it.

Attachments

• cooling system 002.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 2,104
  • cooling 002.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 2,156
Now , I am doing headers........another thing that I could buy off the shelf if I had a sprint car.
Pics to follow when I am reasonably happy with the result. ;-)

Front bumper on my old 86 Ramcharger...sold the truck last Summer. Should've kept the bumper...it was a beast!

Made a cardboard replica first. I pulled the dimensions from an ARB off a friend's Jeep and just made it bigger everywhere.

That thing was a snow bustin sonofagun! :rambo:

Oh, the truck was damaged when I bought it...eventually put a new front clip on it.

Attachments

• 100_2238.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 2,144
  • DSC_0172 (2).jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 2,110
This is an 86' Chevy S10 frame I cut at the seams on Sunday and added in these 9" frame extensions I made. They are laser cut and have holes in the side for plug welds to the inner frame pieces I made to span the butt weld. This thing went together like LEGOs! It was simple as can be, and is turning out Super clean for a frame modification.

Attachments

• FRM-cut.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 2,101
  • FRM-extended.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 2,095
-
Back