Factory aluminum slant six intake

-

swingingdart

Reaction score
I know where there is a factory aluminum intake for /6, would anybody be interested, and how much do you think it's worth?

It's worth it's weight in scrap unless it's a two barrel intake.

Not really, ever try to polish/gring/weld/modify an iron intake? Would be good candidate for a modded carb pad or EFI bung install. maybe 30 bucks? Grab it, throw a polish job on it and sell it to match someones chrome valve cover. I have never seen a polished stock designed /6 intake myself. Look it over carefully for cracks and porosity especially in the 3/4 runner at the head port.

keep in mind that they made two different versions of aluminum intakes. one was cast in two pieces and welded together. these are easy to identify by looking at the gasket surface, the two pieces are easy to see. this manifold suffered from pourus welds and is ALOT less desireable than the one piece manifold.

what I mean is, I'm going there tomorrow and if anybody wants it let me know. also let me know what kind it has to be for you to want it, thanks.

Is it coming off a Feather Duster or Dart Light cause thats the only time I've ever seen a aluminum 1 barrel intake for a /6.

All 1960-model slant-6 intakes were aluminum 1bbl items. Some were sandcast, some were semipermanent-mould cast.

The '76 Feather Duster/Dart Lite had an aluminum 1bbl sandcast intake -- totally different from the '60 casting.

In '78, they started using 2-piece electron-beam welded aluminum 1bbl and 2bbl intakes. Super light weight, but prone to crack and casting porosity problems.

In '83, they started using 1-piece sandcast aluminum 1bbl intakes. Similar to the '76 FD/DL casting but not the same. There might have been a 2bbl version of this intake, but if so it is scarce.

Mopar Performance offered a sandcast 1-piece aluminum 2bbl intake, similar to the 1bbl item just above this paragraph but with differences besides the obvious carb mounting pad difference.

We where lucky enough to have a Chrysler Factory 4 BBl Aluminium manifold fitted to our slanties in the late 70's here in South Africa - with a 400cfm AFB. Good package.
Over here IF you can find one the go For ~200 - 300 USD

-
Back