factory and dealer air compressor differences

-

lildemonkid

Reaction score
ok.... /6 dealer air 68 dodge dart i have the compressor lines, condensor, everything to put the air back on this car. but i go to put the belt on tonight and i run into an issue with my p/s pump interfering with the tensioner for the a/c belt. also the belt is hitting the timing tab over the crank pulley. am i missing a spacer somewhere? oh and im fabbing the brackets to make it work with a 4 bbl and clifford headers. :burnout:

Attachments

• 2012-06-04_21-57-42_836.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 114
  • 2012-06-04_21-57-52_324.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 2012-06-04_01-13-36_612.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 110
AC cars have a different water pump pulley diameter from what I understand. Do you have the water pump pulley that went with the set up?

Was your car factory AC or do you have a dealer installed system?

AC cars have a different water pump pulley diameter from what I understand. Do you have the water pump pulley that went with the set up?

Was your car factory AC or do you have a dealer installed system?

car is a dealer a/c car. and the pulley is back from the w/p pulley and runs across the neck of it. plus the a/c compressor is only a single grove. if you had a 2 grove w/p puley i think it wouldnt work. the rear grove in the crank pulley is a smaller diameter and would result in 2 speeds on the w/p pulley at the same time.

car is a dealer a/c car. and the pulley is back from the w/p pulley and runs across the neck of it. plus the a/c compressor is only a single grove. if you had a 2 grove w/p puley i think it wouldnt work. the rear grove in the crank pulley is a smaller diameter and would result in 2 speeds on the w/p pulley at the same time.

Your ac inside the car doesn't have buttons on the dash, correct?

It is still only a single belt pulley but the diameter is different for an AC car.

$(KGrHqQOKjoE6WIlI-w,BOp4VSmlYg~~60_58.JPG

correct. its a knee knocker. and what is the diameter of that pulley? all of the pulleys are the originals. i had just removed everything when i bought the car. now im piecing it back together.

-
Back