Factory Paint Options

-

RTom

Depressingly A-Bodyless..
Reaction score
So, I've got a 69 Dart GT Convertible that I am building a 340 for. My question is this, what would be the correct factory color to paint it? I've been told both blue and orange by different people so I am not sure. I also have a 71 340 that I may be painting, that would be orange, correct?

Thanks for the help!

:axe:

So, I've got a 69 Dart GT Convertible that I am building a 340 for. My question is this, what would be the correct factory color to paint it? I've been told both blue and orange by different people so I am not sure. I also have a 71 340 that I may be painting, that would be orange, correct?

Thanks for the help!

:axe:

I assume you are talking about the engine. The 69 340 were all turquoise.

The early 71 340's were orange. Later 71 340's were blue. Seems like SPD's (scheduled production date) around early spring of 1971 is when they made the change over.

Thanks!

By the way, is there some way I can set my account up so I get an email when I get a response? We just got my wife a new laptop a couple days ago (both of our computers died within 2 days of each other :angry7:) and so I can't check the forum as often as I'd like to.

-
Back