Factory style upper control arms

-

niceolddart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Who, if anyone, carries GOOD, stock style stamped upper control arms, without the ball joints or bushings installed for a 73 up A Body?

They'll do. It's just in case I ruin the ones I have already. Some weird "collar" on the inside of the front bushings on both arms I've never seen before & I have done a few in my day. I'll post some pics of them tomorrow. Maybe someone knows what they are.

Thats the collar I have. Just 1 on each upper control arm. It IS from a 74 6cyl. Duster. Now that I have some info on them, I can proceed with the removal of those 2 bushings. Now I won't have to fork over the money for new control arms, as I already have the bushings & ball joints, which are Moog NOS Made in U.S.A. units.
I try to avoid buying stuff made in China, but it's getting harder & harder. Most other Countries I can live with but have had mainly VERY BAD experiences with Chinese junk.
Thank for this info 65TerrorCuda. Now I don't have to take pics! :thumbsup:

You're welcome. I had just found that thread the day before you posted. I've got both Moog(USA) and Dorman(India) bushings and both are a little bigger than the originals. Maybe the tooling is getting worn.
NOS should be nice, good luck

this is perfect timing, as I had the same question about my '76 A arms. I assumed that collar was resistance welded on and I broke it off...

1707235884939.jpeg

I got mine apart with a little doing, but now I can blast & powder coat them before I install the bushings & ball joints.
This way I'll have a spare set all ready to go for installation.

-
Back