Factory tach wiring??

-

SleeperScamp

Reaction score
1970 Duster 340.What wires go where?? Thanks..
tach.jpg

This is a tough one. The '70 manuals seem to have ignored it. I found a drawing of the rear of a 70 Dart that indicates the bottom terminal originally had a flat spade hooked to it. Looks like the top terminal is switched ignition, and the bottom goes to the coil neg. In the original drawing, they are both incorrectly labled "dark blue" which only applies to the top one I believe. If you are running aftermarket igntiion like MSD, refer to your ignition system instructions, it may be different.

Drawing of rear is '70 Dart:

2dri89i.jpg

23uc711.jpg

This might help. These are jpeg images...you can save to your
computer and print them off

Attachments

• diagram01 (Medium).jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 196
  • Diagram02 (Medium).jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 228
dash worx seems to have lota of info but i cant seem to create an account to download the info. anyone else have this prob

Buddy just got a re-pop for his 69. One was switched ignition ,other to coil, one hole for light, seems there was also a ground. Can't get back to the instructions until Monday.

Car has been converted to Chrysler elctronic ignition...Shouldnt the Instrument cluster ground work?

Things tend to get corroded, loose. I'd be very tempted to provide a separate ground. With a Mopar ECU, coil neg should indeed work.

If it means anything both post have power to them..(test light verified)

What is it we are looking for there? When I click on a relevant link, I get "you must be logged in."

I have this printed off here somewhere, I noticed that the "business" was recently sold, so it looks like you have to join or something....sorry! I can take try and find the paperwork and take pics if need be, but I think Tony has it with his pics.

-
Back