Factory Temp Guage not working.

-

green440duster

Reaction score
Does anyone have any thoughts why my guage is not working. Worked befor e restoration changed sensor in dome still no reading??? Is there a relay or fuse I could check? Ammeter and fuel guage working fine?? So can I eleminate dash issues or grounding?? Help please.

Thanks

Wrong sender maybe ?
There are different senders for gauge or warning lamp.

Just tried running ground to the lead on the sensor and guage does not move??? It shoud have peaked right??

Yes it should. If you have a volt meter you can check that wire for pulsating 2.5 to 3.5 volts through the gauge also. If there is no current either the gauge is loose from the circuit board or its fryed inside.

Yes it should. If you have a volt meter you can check that wire for pulsating 2.5 to 3.5 volts through the gauge also. If there is no current either the gauge is loose from the circuit board or its fryed inside.
Check the pins on the back of the circuit board where the wires plug....over the years the solder that holds the pins in place will crack and open the curcuit...it is very hard to see inside the dash...you will have to remove the cluster to get a real good look and repair it if that is the problem

-
Back