Factory Undercoat ?

-

mitch340Duster

Reaction score
70 Duster 340 Hamtramck N95. J55 code on broadcast is empty. Fender tag not available right now. Did not have hood insulation. Research indicates both could be inconclusive anyhow. SO....You peeps think this is factory or maybe dealer applied? Car is 100% original and unmolested so this would be the ONLY THING on the car that is not supposed to be there if that's the case. Car coming home from body/paint this week. I'd like to do that first if I'm going to as I'm doing as "correct' a restoration as possible, that's why I'm asking.
Product was a bear to remove, required heat, scraper and time. had a gray color to it, must have been before I power washed it or something. that is also the reason for the "lines that you see in it. Thanks in advance.
http://www.MitchAmatrudo.com/duster/duster.html

Attachments

• Lfender.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 321
  • Rfender.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 357
  • rear.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 288
All cars from factory had undercoating in the wheel wells. In the front ones there should not be any undercoating around the area where the brake hoses or upper control arm bolt goes.

The rear ones have undercoating in the wheel well area. Some overspray can be found as long as 10 inches away from standard area.

In 1965 all cars that has undercaoting also had the underhood insulation pad. Not sure in 1970 though.

Thank you sir....There was some reason why I determined that it had no hood insulation but I don't remember now. i will re-explore that as well.

-
Back