failing body shop schedule

-
Find a guy like me that does it for a living and as a side job.
I agree if he can find someone . I too was a body man and a few guys myself included did side jobs and restorations. If your looking for a show piece then go to the Resto shop $$$ .

I see guys every day that want perfect show cars and they do not have a clue as to the time and $$ involved. I do my own cars and have since mid 80s along with some pro guys doing them on the side decades ago. I can let one of my cars go and if the buyer sees a very small blem, he runs backwards even though he is buying it for pennies on the $.
I fix em, I drive em, some days I sell em.

Do the body work your self the best of your ability, and then take it to a Maaco for them to shoot the paint. It wont be car show quality - but if you do the body work right, it will be a good driver-quality paint job. They will have it in and out in a few days, and you can keep it running.

How fare are you willing to travel. Im in PA. I do body & paint.

Thx Wayne (that's my middle name!). I'm not likely to haul it that far, but I'd like your contact info & location just in case. I do not want a frame off, motor out, etc., etc. thing as some of these guys do! I just want body & paint work. It's hard to get that across to some. I have stripped it inside & out & can't drive it far this way. It's now a haul it case if I go far. I will let you know what I decide, but it'll be a while. pete

Thx Wayne (that's my middle name!). I'm not likely to haul it that far, but I'd like your contact info & location just in case. I do not want a frame off, motor out, etc., etc. thing as some of these guys do! I just want body & paint work. It's hard to get that across to some. I have stripped it inside & out & can't drive it far this way. It's now a haul it case if I go far. I will let you know what I decide, but it'll be a while. pete
Yea i get it ive done cars that was just a shell & ive ones that was all restored & just needed a paint job with the engine in i was named after John Wayne

Here is the only way I know how to msg. you, Dart. If my email addy is allowed to go thru, it is: pete
It's not, & the Mods will edit the email out, just click on the member's name & then click "start conversation" in the member pop-up window. No emails or ph#'s in thread posts. Good luck with the project.

It's not, & the Mods will edit the email out, just click on the member's name & then click "start conversation" in the member pop-up window. No emails or ph#'s in thread posts. Good luck with the project.

Thx Killer, but i had a convo w/cudajames yesterday & pasted my em addy, , & he got it. He sent me pix today. I saw somewhere that if we've msg'ed enuff times that our contact info is allowed. It may only work for special circumstances, not sure. I guess you'll know if you rcv. my addy above... pete

Last edited:
Thx Killer, but i had a convo w/cudajames yesterday & pasted my em addy, *****, & he got it. He sent me pix today. I saw somewhere that if we've msg'ed enuff times that our contact info is allowed. It may only work for special circumstances, not sure. I guess you'll know if you rcv. my addy above... pete

Now that he has your email, you may want to edit it from your posts unless you want every mail order bridal website and online pharmacy emailing you, LOL.

Last edited:
Now that he has your email, you may want to edit it from your posts unless you want every mail order bridal website and online pharmacy emailing you, LOL.

Thx Phreak, I found the "Edit" button for my reply to Killer & deleted my addy, but it's still under "pete Peterson said" in your reply to me. Ergo, how do I delete it from there... or delete your reply to me to rid this page of my em addy? Thx again, pete

Thx Phreak, I found the "Edit" button for my reply to Killer & deleted my addy, but it's still under "pete Peterson said" in your reply to me. Ergo, how do I delete it from there... or delete your reply to me to rid this page of my em addy? Thx again, pete

I didn't even think of that! D'oh.
Fixed it.

Post #36 above still has it too, by the way.

-
Back