fake wood trim..

-

grassy

Reaction score
I am not sure of the correlation between Chrysler muscle cars and fake wood trim. I have driven cars with real wood trim but I think fake wood it is really out of place on these beautiful cars.

For those owners that think like me..how did you eradicate this fake stuff ? Any pictures ?

Grassy

I covered them with black carbon fiber overlays on the door panels and dash. Looks great.

loops,

Where did you buy ?

You associate wood with woodies, early cars and of course, Brit cars..explaine the connectionwith muscle cars ? I am lost here.

Grassy

It's not an A-body, but I used real Maple veneer on my '73 D100.
console.jpg

they were trying to look classy for cheap back then. this was the time when avacado green appliances and yellow countertops were the in thing for home decor. i think we got off easy only having to put up with simulated wood in our cars.after all , they could have made the trim plaid to match the leisure suits and bellbottoms of the time.

I remember those..and the coloured sinks and tubs.. :)

I had read recently that a company in the USA make inserts looking like brushed metal or carbon..forgot to book mark it...

Unfortunately, I do remember the polyester and plaid pants..ugg..showing my age..

Grassy

I can not figure out how to post photos.....send me email and I will send photos. B5 metal areas, black metallic around where wood grain was and black carbon fiber over woodgrain dash and all door panels! I even sprayed door panels b5 blue with dupont plasticl paint.

I also changed all guages to white faces and added blue lighting.......guages look great, but lighting is just so-so.

Grassy......carbon fiber and white faces came from whiteguages.net> Nice place to work with and quality products. I forward photos tonight! Thanks

Thank-you. I thought I was loosing what little of a brain I have :)

Will dend you my e-mail. I look forward to the pics..

ian.

I did the center console with real wood because I can't stand the decal.

Attachments

• 000_2760.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 111
It looks good in real wood. I do not have a console. I approached the company and they will only sell the whole set including the console. Too bad.

On the hunt again ..I have heard of one company that does carbon like the last company but also aluminium as well...

Ian.

-
Back