Fall drive from PA to Maryland? Why yes there are non- Interstate routes for that.

-
10-30-23 Continued:

On the return trip we did take a bit of MD-144 / US 40 Scenic for a while.
We stopped at the Town Hill Bed and Breakfast for a picnic. It was cold and windy, but at least the rain had ended.
View attachment 1716160304

View attachment 1716160305

View attachment 1716160306

View attachment 1716160307

View attachment 1716160308

I 68 Takes a giant slice out of the mountain pie..
View attachment 1716160309
Yeah, that's a great ride, nice shot out over I-68..!!!

RT 50 across WV is a nice drive, especially going east from I79 two lane road.
If you go West from I79 its a 4 lane road.
Super nice scenery nice drive in any vehicle.

RT 50 across WV is a nice drive, especially going east from I79 two lane road.
If you go West from I79 its a 4 lane road.
Super nice scenery nice drive in any vehicle.
Yes I have been on the 4 lane section from Marietta OH, to I-79 .... Bridgeport area if my memory is correct without looking at the map.

I drove WV 20 from Quiet Dell to US 460 one time... that is a great ride too.

Thanks for the tip.. I will hafta try all of US 50 / 48 / 33 in WV some day!

Thanks for the education, I will check it out.
It's also not too far from Carlisle.. I am there at least 1x/year.

Yes I have been on the 4 lane section from Marietta OH, to I-79 .... Bridgeport area if my memory is correct without looking at the map.

I drove WV 20 from Quiet Dell to US 460 one time... that is a great ride too.

Thanks for the tip.. I will hafta try all of US 50 / 48 / 33 in WV some day!
Yes the 4 lanes on 50 end at Bridgeport.
I live about 3 miles from Quiet Dell, you can see rt 20 from my house.

Thanks for sharing those pics! Cool rides!
I will say it again.... you will never see the real America from the interstate or meet its real people from anywhere except off the two lane blacktop! :steering:

You have some very nice cars that are being used for what they were intended. I met you at Carlisle in July to sell you some slant 6 pieces I had (Oil pan, "bent" pick-up tube, rocker shaft assembly) & after seeing your pics, I was wondering if you had ever seen the "Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania" in Wellsboro? I've heard it's a very neat place to see.

You have some very nice cars that are being used for what they were intended. I met you at Carlisle in July to sell you some slant 6 pieces I had (Oil pan, "bent" pick-up tube, rocker shaft assembly) & after seeing your pics, I was wondering if you had ever seen the "Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania" in Wellsboro? I've heard it's a very neat place to see.
Hello,
Thank you for the kind words. I have a few more cars too. Not all of them are on here. I had at one point 3 of them that I did not drive very much, now only one of them I *try* to keep the miles low on.
I operate by the mantra: Drive' em don't hide 'em.
Being in a trailer is hiding them as well letting them languish away in the garage only to take them to a local cruise in that is 4-20 miles is no good for me.
The '79 Volare Duster has 237,700 on it now, and hopefully, many more miles will get added to that.

I have been to Pine Creek Gorge, only once, however. It is quite a drive for me. I imagine it would get totally busy around the fall color season. Would be a good sight to see sometime during that time of year.

-
Back