Fall Fling XIX Oct 25th 2014 - Who's Going? and Photo Thread

-
autoxcuda.
Even got pics of your car. Thought I saw it in Santa Ana a while back.
Picked up NOS tail pipe tips, LD4B intake, bell hosing, Hurst shifter handle and some other flotsam and jetsam to hang around the shop.
You posted "Fall Fling XIX April 11 & 12, 2015" should that read "Spring Fling" unless the show is moving to the the Southern Hemisphere. lol

Attachments

• 20141025_123025[1].jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 119
autoxcuda.
Even got pics of your car. Thought I saw it in Santa Ana a while back.
Picked up NOS tail pipe tips, LD4B intake, bell hosing, Hurst shifter handle and some other flotsam and jetsam to hang around the shop.
You posted "Fall Fling XIX April 11 & 12, 2015" should that read "Spring Fling" unless the show is moving to the the Southern Hemisphere. lol

Those were the NOS tips at the club swap spots were for a Demon?

Not me in Santa Ana. I've seen another notchback and the shows years ago in the same color though.

Fixed the sig, thanks !

Weird cool stuff in swap

Attachments

• HotRod.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 124
  • FF14SteveSm058.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 128
  • FF14SteveSm235.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 116
  • FF14SteveSm223.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 111
Scored a set TTI headers for $200 and a new 727 slip yoke for $20. Great show overall. Little dusty this year but to be expected.

Scored a set TTI headers for $200 and a new 727 slip yoke for $20. Great show overall. Little dusty this year but to be expected.

$200 !! NICE.

For small block A-body stepped headers?

Was the bright and early when swapper are unloading parts?

Big block headers and it was around 10am believe it or not. They were sitting there and I chucked him a $200 offer and he said sure. I couldn't believe it. I had them in my hands before he finished saying yes.

Big block headers and it was around 10am believe it or not. They were sitting there and I chucked him a $200 offer and he said sure. I couldn't believe it. I had them in my hands before he finished saying yes.

:prayer::prayer:

Wow. I saw a great deal once on some pitted up TTI smallblocks, but those were still $200-250

It just goes to show you, you should walk the swap many times over to catch the things you missed before.

All cars welcome at Spring and Fall Fling. Projects, Daily Drivers, rat rod, resto's, race cars,..... whatever:

Attachments

• FF14SteveSm443.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 120
  • FF14SteveSm461.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 122
  • FF14SteveSm510.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 116
  • FF14SteveSm413.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 109
  • FF14SteveSm376.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 112
This is what Fall Fling is about:

Relaxed atmosphere and giving appreciation to works in progress and young and older people new in the hobby.

I don't think this would receive an award at a traditional car show

Attachments

• FF14SteveSm418.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 118
  • FF14SteveSm417.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 116
More A-bodies

Attachments

• FF14SteveSm588.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 108
  • FF14SteveSm619.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 109
  • FF14SteveSm629.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 115
  • FF14SteveSm673.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 118
  • FF14SteveSm674.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 104
  • FF14SteveSm675.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 116
Jay Leno casually stopped by in his Turbine car.

Checked out that New Hemi block and cast aluminum oil pan.

Attachments

• FF14SteveSm698.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 106
  • FF14SteveSm702.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 111
  • FF14SteveSm710.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 116
  • FF14SteveSm713.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 111
How did you do selling? ;)

For my 1st time selling there I think I did pretty good. Went home with way less than I took in..lol. You set me up right on a corner near the street & got plenty of foot traffic. As far as getting in & setting all the parts up, it went really well.

Well, I am finally able to take a quick break to provide some feedback on the Fall Fling. I do have some pictures to share as well.

First of all, the Hellcat had quite a bit of attention. There were people around those cars all day. I could have gotten lost in both of the colors they brought, but the gray one I thought would have benefitted from the hood black out treatment. Nice to see both the auto and manual options, though.

I spent way more time in the swap area than at the Spring Fling. There were some usual suspects in the area, but there were some deals to be had. There are two camps in there; people who want to tax you for every thin dime, and the easygoing "I really do not want to load this thing back up in my car" types. I also got some leads on some good parts as people were packing up, and some cards and contacts for in the future. It was sort of funny to see people shouting offers back and forth as people are loading up (from quite a distance away). Needless to say, they took those parts home because most people are unwilling to take half of asking price...hahaha.

All in all, good weather, and the car made the 300 mile trip with no issues. I will say the 1 day for the Fall Fling seemingly flies by compared to the two day Spring Fling.

Getting in was really straightforward, and they usher people in really well. Parking was ample, but could have benfitted from some ground guides

The car that wowed me the most was not even out on the show field. Julius brought a couple of cars that I could have stayed around all day; the 1971 Hemi Charger Dana 60 sunroof car (with Qatar plates, I am sure there is a story but did not ask), as well as the 1970 Charger R/T he brought because black is tough to beat.

Hope to make Spring Fling in April! Steve and crew put on another great show, that is for sure! I thought the turnout was really good for the "smaller" of the two shows...

-
Back