Fallen hero returns home

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Marine Lance Cpl. Rick Centanni returned home to SoCal today.
Unfortunately, both Lance Cpl. Centanni, 19, and Marine Sgt. Major Robert Cottle, 45, both from Yorba Linda, were killed in Afghanistan on March 24 when a roadside bomb exploded and mangled their patrol vehicle.
My wife and I both went to the Los Alamitos Joint Training Facility today for the "Hero's Ceremony" that was open to the public. Lance Cpl. Centanni was brought home by one of Connie Kalitta's aircraft [God bless Connie and Kalitta Air for their wonderful support of our fallen soldiers].
There was a huge crowd made up of both active and retired military, the general public, police and fire personnel from all over the area. There was also a huge contingent of Patriot Guard Riders that followed the funeral procession out of the base and accompanied the procession all the way to the funeral home in Fullerton.
This was one of the most patriotic gatherings I have been to in quite awhile.
Although I never knew Lance Cpl. Centanni, Sgt. Major Cottle, or their families (they're from the neighboring town to where we live), this hit close to home and the ceremony had some special meaning for me because the Los Alamitos JTF is now the home of my old National Guard unit, the 40th Infantry Brigade (Mechanized).
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Centanni and Cottle families. Both men were true American heroes.

I really can't add to everything that's already been said. God bless them all.

They made the ultimate sacrifice they could for their country.They are true heroes.They deserve all the respect we can give them. God bless them.

Here's the pics that didn't load on my first post.

LanceCplRickCentanni001_edited (Small).JPG

LanceCplRickCentanni002_edited (Small).JPG

LanceCplRickCentanni004_edited (Small).JPG

LanceCplRickCentanni005_edited (Small).JPG

LanceCplRickCentanni006_edited (Small).JPG

LanceCplRickCentanni008_edited (Small).JPG

LanceCplRickCentanni012_edited (Small).JPG

LanceCplRickCentanni015_edited (Small).JPG

LanceCplRickCentanni031_edited (Small).JPG

LanceCplRickCentanni032_edited (Small).JPG

Article in todays paper says Sgt. Major Cottle will return home to the Los Alamitos JTF next Monday (04/05/10) at 10AM. The public is also welcome at his "Hero's Ceremony".
Video of Lance Cpl. Centanni's ceremony can be seen at www.ocregister.com/video.

Its bad to hear. It hits pretty close to home being in the Marine Corps currently. I have a group of about 120 people I have worked with for over 3 years about to deploy to Afghanistan. I made the decision to not go because I have a wife and two children and would have had to extend but I am ready to be done plus my wife wouldnt have been too pleased. Too many people take for granted the military and the things they would never do when there are millions of people in the military fighting for people they have never even met.

Semper Fi and God Speed to the both of them. It is said in the Marine Corps hymn that the streets of heaven are guarded by Marines so I am sure they are enjoying their new station in heaven.

Jeff

What about the fallen hero, I believe from Kentucky, whose funeral was protested, holding signs saying they`re glad he`s dead etc etc. and the family of soldier, had to pay the groups court fees/fine, $16000.00 ?? WTF?

What about the fallen hero, I believe from Kentucky, whose funeral was protested, holding signs saying they`re glad he`s dead etc etc. and the family of soldier, had to pay the groups court fees/fine, $16000.00 ?? WTF?

That makes me sick! First those people need to be gathered up and have the %^&^ smacked out of them. Secondly, I see your justice system is as big a joke as ours in Canada. We have a revolving door up here for the lowlifes!

-
Back