[WANTED] Fan belts

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
It may vary depending on the year, how the engines are equipped (power steering, AC, nothing...).
Plus the fact that after all these years, who knows what non-original pulleys (different diameters used over the years) may have been thrown on there.
Your best bet is to wrap a piece of string around the pulleys with the adjustment (alternator, P.S. pump, whatever is used for tension adjustment on your particular arrangement) in the middle of it's range; and tie it up. Then take your loop of string to the auto parts store and have them size it with a matching belt. Done. Then write down your numbers for future reference.

If you want some Gates numbers, here are a few.......for a '67-up 225 fan/alt, the old Gates number is 8205...the newer number is N7570. There may be even newer numbers than that. This is what I show in a late '70's catalog. For a 170 those years, it's an 8323/N7550 for some models or 8286/N7547 for others. I'm not sure why there is a different one. For the '66 and older, the numbers are 8243/N7575 for the 225, and the 8323/N7550 for the 170 like the later models. If you need P/S or smog belts, I'd have to know if it has A/C or not and the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back