Fan CFM

-

MOhorsePAR

Reaction score
Does anyone know the CFM rating of a stock 6 blade fan clutch unit? I want to replace mine with a electric one, but wonder just how much air did the factory one move? I am assuming that the "bigger the better" when it comes to CFM of an electric fan.

Thanks,
Steve / MOhorsePAR

Does anyone know the CFM rating of a stock 6 blade fan clutch unit? I want to replace mine with a electric one, but wonder just how much air did the factory one move? I am assuming that the "bigger the better" when it comes to CFM of an electric fan.

Thanks,
Steve / MOhorsePAR

I went with an electric to save some HP on my /6.
Not so sure of the CFM on a stock fan, But somethimes bigger can cause more dominoes to fall. I run a 3500+ CFM fan from a taurus (2 speed) and at high speed it will just about kill the car, dim headlights, blinkers no longer flash and the radio would sometimes turn off. I have since upgraded to a 90A denso alt. Take a look at my DIY radiator thread, the old 2 core rads cooling was fine for idling even with 85% blockage.. :(

I gota Perma cool unit on my ride. They advertise there CFM ratings and bigger isn't allways better. It is a cfm and amp drawback sometimes.

You want the widest one that fits over your cooling tubes,I highly suggest twins fans with flaps in the shroud that holds themif you have the $$, You want a puller NOT PUSHER, as for cfm's the more the better but search for one that has an amp draw under 12 I know summit has there brand fans around 3000 cfm,s and only pulling 8 amps or so !
also, straight blades not curved!

-
Back