Fan Shroud in 67?

-

1967DartGT

Reaction score
My 1967 dart g/t (273 2bbl) does not have a fan shroud. Should all 1967 cars have a shroud, or was it an option or engine specific?
Thanks

In 67 the shroud was not standard eqiupment for all . Was part of the a/c package and some performance packages.

So anyone know what shroud would fit a 22" radiator on a 67 gts? I would like to add a shroud. Car has always run warmer after the engine compartment heats up. I think the fan is sucking in some of the hot air from the engine compartment instead of drawing thru the radiator.

The correct shroud part number ends with 614 . Search 614 shroud here should find lots of posts about them.

Dads 67 "S" has a shroud, and like Red said dads car has a/c. I looked for numbers on it before we put it in, but didnt see any. I can get pics and measurements if you like.

This applies to 67 and 68 V8 A-bodies. I'm fairly sure these are the same for 69 also. Where the stamping number on the readiators round top tank is 38038 the shrouds number will be on the inside of upper left corner ( have to pull the shroud to see it ) and that number ends with 614. Bolt hole spacing is 22 across and 13&1/4 down center to center.
Ofcourse a different radiator ( like a slant 6 car ) will have a different top tank, etc., and need a different shroud.

This is an old thread but if anyone is still wondering about the part numbers my 69 Barracuda factory 340 with A/C has the shroud part number that modtour99 mentions in his post (2795-312) The Radiator is a 2949068 which others have posted that this would be correct for 69 A/C cars.

This car was revived after being off the road since 1983 and had most of its original parts in place including X Heads, exhaust manifolds, etc so the car most likely had the radiator and shroud that came with the car......

Just an FYI if it helps to know what is in a factory 340 automatic 727 car with A/C

-
Back