Not open for further replies.

George R

Mopar Nutcase
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi guys,
Looking for the plastic fan shroud for my 69 Dart. I finally stumbled across the original Mopar part number and it should be 2785614. The one currently in my car is 2998325. The one I have is in great shape, no cracks or extra holes, but I would like to have the correct part number for my car.
I would also be willing to simply trade shrouds if someone is looking for the one I currently have, provided they are in the same condition.

Thanks in advance fellas!!!

George

Hi guys,
Looking for the plastic fan shroud for my 69 Dart. I finally stumbled across the original Mopar part number and it should be 2785614. The one currently in my car is 2998325. The one I have is in great shape, no cracks or extra holes, but I would like to have the correct part number for my car.
I would also be willing to simply trade shrouds if someone is looking for the one I currently have, provided they are in the same condition.

George

PM Sent

So whats the physical difference in the 2, other than the numbers ?
If #614 is correct for 69 whats the #325 for ?

Hi guys,

George

George I would like to buy the shroud you have.

Will send another PM.

John

So whats the physical difference in the 2, other than the numbers ?
If #614 is correct for 69 whats the #325 for ?

69 used the rounded top tank on the radiator. 70 it changed to the square top tank. The later uses the shroud that looks like it has teeth on the side that goes against the radiator.

The reproduction shrouds are crap and warp after a couple heat cycles. See if you can find an original if possible. I saw one on Ebay the other day, the seller was hitting the crack pipe the day he listed it for $349.00. There`s a couple listed on there now, one is the item I just mentioned and the other is at $202.00.

JohnnyDart,
If I find the one I need (without the crackpipe price tag) I'll sell you this one. I can tell you this, if I can't get one for about $50, I'll keep the one I have. There is no way a piece of plastic is worth $200-$300, not to me. I don't care what number is on it! LOL I have both of your PM's buddy.

SGBarracuda,
Your description of the shroud I have is correct; it has the "teeth" across the top tank area. Thanks for the tip.

Longgone,
Thanks for the tip on the repro parts. Thats one reason why I only buy repro if there is no way to obtain a real part.
What the heck are these guys thinking with regard to pricing?? Holy Cow!

George

OK. I did some Perry Mason work....
It seems that the shroud I need is for 68 and 69 318A/C, 340, 383, 440, and Hemi only. Pretty rare part.
The shroud I have now is for 70-72 340 only. Another rare part.

There are examples of both on eBay right now with similar prices (around and above $200 plus shipping.)

So the only way for me to do this without selling the house to pay for it, I would have to buy the one I need for a rediculas price, then sell mine for the same rediculas price. I think I would feel guilty asking that much money for my plastic fan shroud. LOL
I was kinda hoping someone had the one I needed laying around and would be willing to unload it for cheap, or trade for the one I have. Now I see why there aren't any of these laying around!
Jeeze, if the shroud is worth $2-300, I should be able to sell the car for what, 1/4 million??
Unreal.

George

I have the same problem George. I'm using a 69 318 a/c radiator and I picked up shroud at carlise this year and it is round at the top where mine needs to be flat.

I have the same problem George. I'm using a 69 318 a/c radiator and I picked up shroud at carlise this year and it is round at the top where mine needs to be flat.
I can't check the number on my radiator right now as I dropped it off at the rad shop yesterday, but are the 318A/C radiators the same number as the 340 without A/C?
What number is on top of you radiator? I will post the number on my 340 radiator in a few days when it comes back. I know it is original to the car with the 1968 date on it.

What shroud number did you buy at Carlisle?
Just curious.

George

I can't check the number on my radiator right now as I dropped it off at the rad shop yesterday, but are the 318A/C radiators the same number as the 340 without A/C?
What number is on top of you radiator? I will post the number on my 340 radiator in a few days when it comes back. I know it is original to the car with the 1968 date on it.

What shroud number did you buy at Carlisle?
Just curious.

George

Give me five i'll run out to the garage and get the numbers

Give me five i'll run out to the garage and get the numbers[/QUOTE

Ok the #'s on the rad. is 2949067. The #'s on the shroud that I bought at carlise that won't work is2998325. When i bought the car the guy that had it had modified one to work. When I put the 408 in I didn't like the way it looked so I took it off, But today i'm going to put it back on because it does run cooler with it on. Maybe this will help. Tom

Tom,
Thanks for taking the time to get those numbers for us.
I'm fairly sure (going by memory here) that my radiator number is the same, but I'll confirm when it returns to keep the thread accurate.

So your shroud kinda rides up onto the bottom of the top tank like mine?
I've never seen the 614 shroud I'm looking for, but the pics I saw on eBay appear to have more clearance in this area. That, and the small releif where the lower hose passes seem to be the only difference between the two shrouds. I have no fitment issues with regard to the lower hose with the 325 shroud I'm using now.

Thanks again Tom.

George

Tom,
Thanks for taking the time to get those numbers for us.
I'm fairly sure (going by memory here) that my radiator number is the same, but I'll confirm when it returns to keep the thread accurate.

So your shroud kinda rides up onto the bottom of the top tank like mine?
I've never seen the 614 shroud I'm looking for, but the pics I saw on eBay appear to have more clearance in this area. That, and the small releif where the lower hose passes seem to be the only difference between the two shrouds. I have no fitment issues with regard to the lower hose with the 325 shroud I'm using now.

Thanks again Tom.

George

The bottom I don't have anyproblem with its the top. I had the rad shop swap my drain plug and inlet for the newer style water pump. When I went from the 318 to the 408 witch is a 74 block I had to change the botom side of the radiator. The shroud I'm using is the one the other guy modified, he flatened it out across the top. but it is functional.

George, The correct radiator part number for a 69 340 auto car is 2949066. I dont have any numbers for an A/C radiator.

George, The correct radiator part number for a 69 340 auto car is 2949066. I dont have any numbers for an A/C radiator.
Maybe that is why it sounds familiar.

I was confusing the shroud number for the rad number you posted.
Don't mind me, I'm just losing my mind is all. :D

George

Adam the # I posted is a factory 318 a/c radiator its just one number different. I'm real insterested in finding out what shorud is correct. It's not that this car that I'm using it in needs to be correct since I have changed the whole drive train, it's I like things to go together and fit right. Thanks for the input.

First of all good luck finding 1 for $50. As you have researched these are not only pretty rare but also for the big block A-bodies which puts them into the higher $$$ range. I bought one for my 69 Dart about 5 years ago, and the guy took it off the radiator he was selling for me, The cost then?? $150 so the ones you see for $200+ are not out of whack. Here's the rad #'s-2949065 383-4 &440-4,2949066 340,2949067 273 318 A/C, 2949068 273 318 340,2949069 273 A/C-All these radiators used the 614 shroud,now you see why it demands the big $$$

Thanks for the numbers lesson blu340dart.
I think I'll just trim the one I have and call it a day.

George

George, here`s a page with the repro piece. http://www.jimsautoparts.com/radiators_and_heater_cores.htm

You might be able to find them cheaper somewhere else. It`s been a while but I think Laysons had a sale on them for $125.00. I believe they were flawed but you can contact Rick at Laysons and see what the issue was and if they have any left. Rick could also tell you if their quality has improved any through the years.

Thanks for the numbers lesson blu340dart.
I think I'll just trim the one I have and call it a day.

George

No !!!!!!!!!

Dont cut it.

I found you the correct 69 shroud for your car.

$100.00 plus shipping. If interested let me know,I will get you in contact with the seller.

John

The reproduction shrouds are crap and warp after a couple heat cycles.

I had the same problems with the repro "614" shroud. Interesting thing is I was communicating with Hoffmans Winners Circle the other day about the new 2 piece metal shrouds for B-Bodies. I believe he may be the main supplier on the repro shrouds to everyone else. When I mentioned the problem he offered to have a replacement drop-shipped to me from his manufacturer in Ohio. Say's they're constantly improving the plastic formula but still better than originals. I took him up on the offer but I have my doubts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back