Fantasy Football 2011

-
Looks like we will have 12 playing, I just need to get confirmation from comaxian. 5 have already registerd with the FF league.

I'm all setup and looking forward to it. I didn't realize how involved this Fantasy Football is. I did some reading yesterday, but not nearly enough to know much about it LOL.

This is going to be a fun experience for those who have never played. I wish I would have started playing sooner then two years ago. My first year was fun and last year I finally got it going toward the end.

This is going to be a fun experience for those who have never played. I wish I would have started playing sooner then two years ago. My first year was fun and last year I finally got it going toward the end.

Good morning :coffee2:
I called MeMikeJr. yesterday (Creed and him working together building a house in this heat) and he is coming over tomorrow to show me how to do this and get signed up :cheers:
He said there is a mock up test that he said will get me going :D
Looking forward to this :cheers:

Once we get it going Mike it will be fun for sure. It almost allways comes down to the monday night game, which we know will be a fun time.:happy1:
We will have to start a seperate thread for MNF!

We have 8 registered. 4 to go.

Yes, do the mock draft to get you familier with it. Start thinking about players you want on your team. There will be 16 rounds in the draft with 1:30 between picks.

Those that may not make the draft. PLEASE rank your players and put on AUTO-PICK... This makes the draft go by so much faster....

For those that need a little direction. This does take a little prep work. Go through and rank the TOP 20 at each position. If you are unsure ask someone that knows football/players and can help.

The numbers arent always whats important. I like to have a QB/WR combo from the same team that way each time that reciever scores so does my QB... Look for defenses that create turnovers.... They are huge in this scoring system. Teams like the Jets, Packers, Eagles are all good turnover teams.

Look for a dark horse. Either it be a rookie or up and coming to snag in the later rounds.

As a norm RB and QBs will come off the board first... Kickers and TE are usually last. Also when selecting your Back-up QB make sure his BYE week doesn't land on the same week as your starter. Same goes for other positions.

You want a solid kicker he can make the difference between a win or a loss. Now the TE this position is basically another WR now so to score big look for scoring TE.. Blockers are worthless when it comes to Points.

RB's look for a player that eats alot of carries per game... Even better if there a "3rd Down Back" they get the carries at the goal line.

Lastly there are several "Start'em or Sit'em" analists NFL.com, ESPN.com CBS.com all have them find out how your players match up each week. For instance if your WR is going against a big time Shut down corner like Darrel Revis you may want to sit him that week and start someone else.

Good luck happy playing if you have questions dont hesitate to ask.

Thanks again 72ScampTramp. Hopefully this helps everyone some. Also watch out for bye weeks. You don't want to have you backup QB off the same week as your starter.

I dont think 10 rounds will be enough, you will have bye weeks and will need to carry more players. I always did 16 round drafts, this way you have enough players for the bye weeks.?

You Should have 2 QB'S, 4 RB's, 5 Wr's, 2te, 1 DEF, 1Kicker??? Anyone else think there should be more then 10 rounds?

I have sent out all the invites, comaxian just got his info to me. There is still 1 more person who has not registered other then him.

Thanks for playing along. :happy1:

My wife said she will play if you need one!

Thanks Mike. We now have 11 signed on to the league. These are who I know are singed in by there FABO names or close enough to figure out:

me-homecloned
memikejr
72scamptramp
memike
comaxian
efriedrich
varlo-moparjoenyj
6pk2godemon-6pks a rookie

I am unsure of:
halfbaked-bigrichieo?
santas guards
island hammers

I know we have:
dfootcuda
68cuda/6vert
hauk67- im sure your signed in.
bigrichieo

So im not sure who we are missing. Mike, if she can hang tight through the weekend we can make a decision early in the week. If I could get clarification on who's missing, it will help.

Thanks.
Noel

-
Back