Fast and Furious cars to be Crushed

-

412 Stroker

Reaction score
You could be right, never met him, the guys with the jap cars dont go to the same shows as the muscle car guys around here anyway, still it seems ridiculas to crush'em just the same...

You could be right, never met him, the guys with the jap cars dont go to the same shows as the muscle car guys around here anyway, still it seems ridiculas to crush'em just the same...

yea, but when the judge says its going to mean a felony and take them from him anyway , crush em' . at least they arent american made true muscle cars

....what is the difference in these cars and the bike I once owned that was a kit bike? The bike had no vin when purchased. I had to go to DMV with the MSO's for the frame, trans and engine in order to get a VIN. The title said Specialty Constructed vehicle or something to that effect. Is it that there is no way to get a MSO for the pieces of the car?? I was told by a bike builder that even if you don't have the MSO paper work you can still get a title, just have to provide the numbers off of the frame etc.? Or did this builder inhale to many paint fumes over the years?? How do people register kit cars? I know some of this stuff is federal, and every states laws are going to vary some. Just kinda wondering.....

Looks like their beef was with the effort to get a title and drive the cars not the cars themselves. If he had trailered them to events he may still have them.

He got in trouble because the cars aren't DOT approved. You get a title and plate them and you are asking for trouble if caught. In the 80's the grey market cars was a huge deal and many got through the cracks. The DOT has apparently taken a tougher stance on vehicles that aren't approved for on US roadways.

Ugh, this is why non-car people have no business in the DOT. That car is probably safer to drive than every car on this forum, but its illegal because of bureaucratic nonsense.

If only we had a logic driven DOT. IE: Said car from other country can't be more dangerous than the oldest/unsafest ancient pos that we allow to go on public highways.

NEVER underestimate the power of an overzealous and power hungry beauracracy to make illogical and overreaching decisions that stem from regulations that may or not have basis in law.
That said, this fool created his own misery by trying to sell an untitled vehicle and compounded the situation by offering "creative" suggestions for procuring a legitimate title to a prospective "buyer" after he had experienced difficulty procuring one for the car himself.

If he had been a Mopar guy, that wouldn't have happened. Whatta dumbass.

MOPAR OR NO CAR.

Ugh, this is why non-car people have no business in the DOT. That car is probably safer to drive than every car on this forum, but its illegal because of bureaucratic nonsense.

If only we had a logic driven DOT. IE: Said car from other country can't be more dangerous than the oldest/unsafest ancient pos that we allow to go on public highways.

So, using that logic, it would be OK to bring an old Porsche 917 LeMans car over here and title it, drive on the roads. Heck, how about an F1 car with headlights, tails and turn signals attached to it.

The other oldest/unsafest POS running on the roads were built with the required US standards in place at time of manufacturer. These Skyline cars are not, there in lies the rub. Is the car likely safer than the old model A running around, sure! If you want to use that as the determining factor it's a race to the bottom.

Just playing devils advocate here.

What's funny is Skylines are all over Cali - maybe he shoulda moved to Cali and it wouldn't have been a issue? OR a state that doesn't require a title?

What's funny is Skylines are all over Cali - maybe he shoulda moved to Cali and it wouldn't have been a issue? OR a state that doesn't require a title?

There was a company here that used to import Skylines over for customers, and get them legally setup for driving here in the US, and being it was in the state of California, they should be gtg for any other state.

Motorex was the name of the company I recall. They did all the legwork for you. I can't imagine it being cheap though.

Being one who appreciates all vehicles...It is painful to see any vehicle get destroyed!:banghead:

So, using that logic, it would be OK to bring an old Porsche 917 LeMans car over here and title it, drive on the roads. Heck, how about an F1 car with headlights, tails and turn signals attached to it.

The other oldest/unsafest POS running on the roads were built with the required US standards in place at time of manufacturer. These Skyline cars are not, there in lies the rub. Is the car likely safer than the old model A running around, sure! If you want to use that as the determining factor it's a race to the bottom.

Just playing devils advocate here.
you're getting off topic those are prototype race cars never meant to be a street version of them- although there is a company in the UK producing 600hp F1 cars that are in fact street legal versions of race cars -

a skyline is a street car -stock GTR's have a 275hp 2.6L inline 6- the ONLY reason they're not in the US is they failed crash tests for the US standard- because the US unlike most everywhere else is a bunch of tight asses with more than just DMV regulations..

some people drive muscle/sports cars everyday that are more unsafe than a Skyline... people drive 8 second 1/4 miles cars on the street ALL THE TIME

hell the Veyron is a 1200hp 10 second 270+ mph car totally legal in the US

why can't a 15+ year old import be legal? I did a ton of research on the skyline registration issues over here (I am a R33 Skyline fan and do want one but can't justify or afford the $50k+ for a legal one)- there are legal channels available over here that come at a price (above- to register/title a Skyline) - if people can't afford or don't want to go that route it's really their fault that they get caught - AND why were the VIN tags taken off the car(s)? that to me sounds like they're stolen

There are TONS of Skylines over in the US with legal titles a few are even in MN...

There was a company here that used to import Skylines over for customers, and get them legally setup for driving here in the US, and being it was in the state of California, they should be gtg for any other state.

Motorex was the name of the company I recall. They did all the legwork for you. I can't imagine it being cheap though.

Being one who appreciates all vehicles...It is painful to see any vehicle get destroyed!:banghead:
you hit the nail on the head with what I just posted hahaa it was $30k for a R32 $50k for a R33 and $80+k for a R34(that was back in 2006) I talked to them guys about it for quite some time - the had financing with a decent amount down and said they worked with a company in Japan that would take the engines and transmissions out and ship the car as a roller and they would find or build a motor/drive train so it could be registered as a kit car...

His problem was he was commiting fraud trying to sell the cars saying he had a florida title. Not only a dumbass but a crook on top of it. He got what he deserved.

Zac F71: "AND why were the VIN tags taken off the car(s)? that to me sounds like they're stolen"

this is in the comment section of the article from the Green Bay Press Gazette, from the horses mouth (current owner)

Justin Beno:
For the record, as it was not stated in the article, the manufacturers ID tags were present in my garage, sitting only a few feet from the cars. The numbers match the number stamped in the firewall. These tags were removed by a previous owner for a reason unknown to me and later mailed to me by the previous owner. I can only guess they were removed during a repainting process. The tags are not riveted on with metal rivets like some would expect, they are held on with small plastic clips which sometimes degrade around high engine bay temps. I never removed these tags and there was no suspicion of these cars ever being stolen. I never reattached the tags for fear that could be illegal so I just kept them near the cars at all times. No matter what I did the state would get what they want in the end, destruction. I even made offers of selling the cars overseas and putting the money back into the community. What a total waste!!! Thank you government, thank you Dana Johnson, thank you Michael Urban for being so helpful to our community.
Reply · 8 · Like· Sunday at 08:33

Hate to break it you guys but a GTR will hand the vast majority of cars/owners their asses in a race; be it drag, time, auto cross, road racing, or top end (think the silver state race). The GTRs came twin turbo and are SUPER easy to upgrade because they have a massive aftermarket following (in Japan that aftermarket following is the same as Chevy here). Now here were talking about 408/416 that make 500-650 and be street able, these can 1000hp+ and are very street able, hell at 1000hp is a daily driver, I know because I owned one with a 1000hp at the wheels.

you're getting off topic those are prototype race cars never meant to be a street version of them- although there is a company in the UK producing 600hp F1 cars that are in fact street legal versions of race cars -

And like the skyline, those prototypes don't meet US safety standards.

I don't agree with what goes down with this stuff, but, thems the rules.

How the companies are getting them in, don't care. If they are using a kit car exemption to do so and it's within the rules, they found a hole to drive them through.

:finga:Japanese muscle cars what is that 2 words that dont go togather

I wouldn't say that unless you've either driven one or raced one. You will be quite shocked. The newer one suck so that don't count

The guy was breaking trade laws.IMO he asked for what he got.No different than someone changing vin numbers on stolen cars.Start making exceptions where does it stop.

-
Back