fast ez efi problems

-

Joe69swinger

Reaction score
I know it was covered here some time ago but it seems there was no resolution to the problem. I'vebeen running this system for over 3 years with no problems now it dies randomly,no connection with the hand held and the LED on the ecu will blink very rapidly for 10 to 20 sec sometimes. I've checked grounds , wire routing and I'd try a new tune if the hand held would connect any thoughts would be appreciated thank you.

Haven't changed a thing. Checked out fasts tech support and sent them a message haven't heardback from them all I've found on this so far is the problem with no solution

I looked at the manual. If an error code is set, the led indicates that by flashing rapidly. You read codes with the hand held unit. The code is direct, it is the sensor or what ever, the problem is.

There is a live data mode , sensors can be read, so you can test TPS, MAP, temperature sensors ....

Two different guys i know here have that set up and its failed and they have gone back to a carburetor. The unit would randomly lose the program and flood the motor with fuel.

When the ecu does flash it's far to quickly to count and not every time you start the car and no communication with the hand held to check live data

It might not be related, but I have a FAST EZ EFI 2 and lost the MAP sensor after driving the car for just a few months. The one FAST used must have been junk. I would check that. I replaced mine from a local auto parts store for about 30 bucks.

If you're in Edmonton I can help you get things sorted out as I use the same system in my Dart.
It would be easy enough to try my hand held programmer on your setup to see if that's your problem.
I also have a spare ECU you can try if it appears to be the problem...

I would like to thank everyone who posted to help me with my problem. As of today I found the problem .courtesy of a leaking windshield gasket I had last summer. It appears that water got into my ecu and corroded some of the contacts. I thought it was in a safe spot and didn't even think to check it. So thank you again

Thanks for posting back. I read this, know nothing about FAST at all. "Some of that stuff" does not like water, LOL

I'm impressed with it an ecu full of water glichie but still functional. Got it cleaned out still think I new one though

clean it with distilled water then a 90+ % alcohol rinse to get the salts off the traces, they are corrosive. Most PCB's are waterproof and go through a few washes during production, its the wet short voltage and corrosive salts that destroy them.

clean it with distilled water then a 90+ % alcohol rinse to get the salts off the traces, they are corrosive. Most PCB's are waterproof and go through a few washes during production, its the wet short voltage and corrosive salts that destroy them.

Das true

Cleaned it with alcohol and a soft toothbrush thenwith sensor clean for mass air sensors and it seems to work perfectly this morning

Funny how many electronic units do not seem to be rated for submarine duty. Glad you got it sorted out. That is why I prefer to mount electronic devices with the electrical connectors facing down when possible. If the wiring comes from above you have a ready made drip loop in the wiring so any water that finds it way onto the wiring will drip off the loop instead of following the wires into the electrickery parts.

you have it mounted inside? I'm doing mine now and ive been leaning towards mounting it in the engine compartment.

I had it mounted in front if the heater box so I could see the led which ment the connection faced up. I thought it would be safe their but water finds a way. Going to make a bracket with a shield that covers the connection

did you have to extend any of the wiring to mount it in the car?

did you have to extend any of the wiring to mount it in the car?

reworked a bunch of wireing to make it fit the 68 barracuda! even ask fast expert about a 1 ft. extension for the ecu, he said they have a 15 footer w/ no ends on it for custom wireing. I ended up putting mine on the right side under the dash - just by the front of the console. yes it`s a pain in the a$$ ! if I hadn`t gone to all the trouble to put the console in, it would be neater dead centered under the dash, altho the wireing would be even more trouble to get it over that far. i even put all the relays and stuff inside where I could, it can always be redone later, after the car is scienced out tho. be neat if they would make a 1 or 2 ft. extension w/ the plug ends on it !!

-
Back