Fast five charger has chevy motor

-

Arco440

Reaction score
Watch this it Jay Lenos garage they are talking about the cars from Fast Five the movie. I was shocked to hear that they put GM create motor in it for the movie.What a sin. Please way in and post your feelings.:wack:

[ame="http://youtu.be/prYgdgo-pBU"]302 Found[/ame]

That is just SOOOOO wrong! We will all know better when these cars get to Barrett Jackson with hemi's in them!

Im actually pissed when they destroy cars that are just so damn hard to find in the first place. They should just do replicas or something instead of actual steel cars :(

Please tell me why anyone of you are surprised that HOLLYWOOD, puts CHEVY ENGINES in EVERYTHING? but yeah, the whole let's wreck a rare car does piss me off.

Did you guys even watch the video? The guy clearly said he takes cars that are heaps of crap and uses those and not pristine cars. Its also stupid to spend thousands of dollars to put a hemi in it if your never going to know the damn difference. Its called show BUSINESS for a reason. The less money spent the less in the hole you are at the end.

That is just SOOOOO wrong! We will all know better when these cars get to Barrett Jackson with hemi's in them!

Its really not. Lets be realistic, these are movie cars and production teams need to create driving/running vehicles within reason. They don't have to be pure movie spec, but they have to get the job done.

The only thing wrong, is that mopar can't/won't pump out SB crate motors within comparable pricing of the SBC's.

Its just unreasonable to have say 6 movie chargers and have 4-5k in rebuilding costs to get a good motor they can thrash(and no warranty, unlike those SBC's

There's a reason why we call it Horrywood.

I don't understand the fuss over "movie" cars. Not one that I know of was ever 'real.' And even if it was, Horrywood managed to eff it all up with stupid sound effects, IE the nonsense double-double clutching in Bullitt, along with shifting the 25 speed gearbox in the 'Stang, squealing tires on dirt, "clutching" and "shifting" cars that were clearly automatic cars, and of course Fords which had Mopar gear reduction starters.

There's a reason I don't watch "Fast & Furious" movies.... Mainly because they're terrible movies and are solely responsible for the ricer craze... and use stupid-looking import junk cars with more lbs of fiberglass and vinyl than horsepower....

- CK

They are my LEAST FAVORITE CAR MOVIES anyway. That part of the reason. On the other hand, can't they build a charger from almost all repop parts now anyway?

There's a reason I don't watch "Fast & Furious" movies.... Mainly because they're terrible movies and are solely responsible for the ricer craze... and use stupid-looking import junk cars with more lbs of fiberglass and vinyl than horsepower....

- CK

Oh, now, I don't know about all of that, but, I do know that the Yellow Skyline in the first F&F movie comes stock from the factory with an inline 6 cyl. that puts out 400+ HP (up to 500 hp out of the box, depending on equipment) and is all wheel drive, and handles like it's on rails. it's no slouch. Until recently they weren't even available in the US.

I'm no Ricer fan, but a Skyline isn't your ordinary "ricer" either.

...and anything putting out 80+ hp per cylinder is pretty impressive in my book. I don't care where it's made.

-
Back