Fast N' Loud Dart

-

charger426

Reaction score
Watching last night's FnL and they are finally showing the 67 Dart they bought and put a Hellcat engine in. I know they beat RoadKill's General Mayhem with this Dart. Now Roadkill said they cheated but I'm not sure how...something to do with the suspension?

who cares, I want one. Aaron built a full on race car so they called it cheating. I call it F/U Frieburger.:D

Roadkill built a street car though. They drove it there. I like both shows and getting more Mopars on TV is a good thing.

I saw that. What bugged me was that it had 270 trim and rear quarter letters, and no GT piece on the trunk lid. but also had GT badges. So it was a 270 GT?

So assuming they are being honest (which they haven't always been on FnL) I could see it during the gas shortage times the car lived through. Cheaper to put a /6 in and save some gas vs buying a new economy car.

Lets talk more about Hellcat motors in ABodies, anybody else built one? lots of Gen3 hemis, why not?

Watching last night's FnL and they are finally showing the 67 Dart they bought and put a Hellcat engine in. I know they beat RoadKill's General Mayhem with this Dart. Now Roadkill said they cheated but I'm not sure how...something to do with the suspension?

Frieberger called and laid down the guidelines: Stock suspension. 3500 lb Charger race weight.
The guys at *** Monkey disregarded that and went with relocated NEW frame rails.
The Dart was lighter to begin with, then was lightened more. The *** clowns also tried a 2 speed Powerglide trans.

Lets talk more about Hellcat motors in ABodies, anybody else built one? lots of Gen3 hemis, why not?

Because it's 24k for a crate engine lol. The SC takes 150hp to run, 6.1 with procharger and done

it's still all commercial TV - bottom line, finding another way to get your $$ - I would even bet the two teams are in cahoots... it's was cool to see a Dart build though

Actually, the gas crunch made people do a lot of slant six swaps. They cab drivers in NY would pull out the 318's and 360's in the Diplomat, Fury, and St . Regis' and swapped in slant sixes because they never broke and got great gas mileage. The slant six has longer rods than a 440 and makes great torque too, plus a solid lifter cam��

The slow and annoying guys put on a good show but, know nothing about AL Bundy or anything made my Dodge unless it's written on something in front of them.

My A100....fun to drive ! I just adapted a McLeod hydraulic throw out bearing from an A833 to an A903. I had to machine a spacer and used a clutch and flywheel from William at https://new.hemiperformance.com.au/shop/

[ame]https://youtu.be/FWUo6J4XT5g[/ame]

Need to be the drummer from Rush to drive it. Sorry for the long light ������

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-21-19-02-38-1.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 672
  • 20151208_175942.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 703
the gas monkey guys' timeline makes no sense at all. it was about a month before Roadkill nights when they threw down the rules...but they "built the car in 17 days" and already had the backhalf part done before they saw them? Yeah right.

the gas monkey guys' timeline makes no sense at all. it was about a month before Roadkill nights when they threw down the rules...but they "built the car in 17 days" and already had the backhalf part done before they saw them? Yeah right.

They were already building this car and then they got challenged

to pay $4500 for a 67 Dart 270 in that shape with a GT grill emblem shows how much they knew

They were already building this car and then they got challenged

I HIGHLY doubt that. It doesn't add up with their timing claimed on the show.

If you check the roadkill facebook page...

Initial Challenge: June 22
Rules Video: July 18
Roadkill Nights: Aug 12

Doesn't sound at all like 17 days to build a car...or getting the rules after they started....

I wanted to see the Dart with the 340, 4 spd done up by Aaron as a streeter

I like how Richard said to just throw the 340 4 speed in the dart like it was made for it. E body 4 speed Probably would have been put back on the shelf for a power glide.

Another thing the *** Monkeys did was throw a rust free, perfectly good trunk floor in the scrap metal dumpster! :banghead: :violent1:

-
Back