Father-Son 1974 Duster Project

-
Bob it's time to install your exhaust manifolds. :)
I just received the hardware for them Al.
What do you think I should use on the studs? Some guys say pipe dope, some say locktite. Going to have TTI make me the downpipes to the Jegs exhaust kit. Where can I get the flanges for the pipes to mate to the manifolds?
IMG_6294.JPG
IMG_6287.JPG

I just received the hardware for them Al.
What do you think I should use on the studs? Some guys say pipe dope, some say locktite. Going to have TTI make me the downpipes to the Jegs exhaust kit. Where can I get the flanges for the pipes to mate to the manifolds?
View attachment 1715024598 View attachment 1715024599
When TTI makes the headpipe tell them which manifolds you have and he'll put the flange on for you. I think I used an antisieze or a hi temp rtv where it goes through the water jacket.
I think factory spec is 30-35 but I have never tightened them that far 15 then 20-25 pounds on those fasteners, no need to kill them. Also torque from the inside out.

The column shift linkage I bought showed up today. Describing it as "rough" is being kind.
IMG_6297.JPG

Anybody have a picture of this stuff bolted in the car?

Tonight I got the fuel and brake line clips and hardware on. Then thought I was a good idea to test fit power steering hoses, exhaust manifolds, belts etc. Set the engine harness in place and made sure all the tails and plugs reached where the need to. So far so good!
IMG_6298.JPG
IMG_6299.JPG
IMG_6300.JPG
IMG_6301.JPG
IMG_6302.JPG
IMG_6303.JPG

At long last I own a radiator for this project! A little nip and tuck and it will be in the car....
IMG_6309.JPG

This radiator fit perfectly in the factory mounting holes in the rad support. Didn't need to alter a thing. Excellent product!
IMG_6313.JPG

Where did you buy the radiator?
I am needing one for another project I picked up a few weeks ago.

Never mind I just clicked back a page and found the answer.
How does it fit?

Me to on the country boy. it's all good.
Well my ignorance has yielded knowledge! Turns out my fan was backwards and when turned right side out, it hit the other pulleys. I then found out from good old Al I need a fan spacer. Son of a gun...
spacer.png

Glad to see it fit good. I think I'm going to order one myself. Glad I could help save you a few bucks.
I'm wondering what sealant to use on the radiator drain plugs and in the exhaust manifold studs. Also, just use the gasket on the thermostat housing or use a sealant with it?

It was exact. Perfect.
Shawn, do you think I can borrow your primer shaft?

No problem, I can ship it to you. PM me you address.
Keep in mind you have to pull the distributor, and oil pump shaft out of your motor to use it, I can walk you thru how to do it.

Also you can buy them real cheap and have it forever.

manciniracing.com

No problem, I can ship it to you. PM me you address.
Keep in mind you have to pull the distributor, and oil pump shaft out of your motor to use it, I can walk you thru how to do it.

Also you can buy them real cheap and have it forever.

manciniracing.com
I figured out it's cheaper just to buy it!
I'd appreciate you walking me thru it thanks

Who knew you could get a cap for a steering pump from a 43 year old car off the help rack at Advance Auto. Best two bucks I spent today.
IMG_6316.JPG

I haven't posted on your thread in quite awhile but I have still been following the progress. - Things sure seem to be coming together nicely!:thumbsup:

-
Back