Fav songs

-
i need to find a good new rock station. Maybe have to go satellite :( wonder how the selection and price is. :read2:

When I was in L.A. 2 yrs. ago there were a few decent stations to listen to.... but N.Y. absolutely sucks for music. The Urban/Hip-Hop thing baffles me beyond belief. I can't believe the crap they're feeding todays market, and passing it off as "talent".

As far as I'm concerned, satellight is the only game in town. Go to www.sirius.com and sign up for a free 3 day trial offer. It's the best $11 a month I spend.

I like OLD AC/DC, with Bon Scott. "She's a Rocker, a Roller, a right out of controller". That boy could sing. Brian Johnson, not a bad replacement, but no comparison.

Another Aussie band, Angel City, or The Angels as they're known in Australia. "Take a Long Line" is a great driving tune. Or "Take me away to Marseille", both great rockin' tunes.

Great White's "Take a long line" is another in the same genre.

I can always be found groovin' to "Dreadlock Holiday" by 10CC. Or a couple tunes by Dred Zeppelin.

And I like Swing music. A little Big Bad Voodoo Daddy gets the blood going. Or Brian Setzer's Orchestra.

It's gotta be real music, not trash or rap or anything that comes from a can. No long-hair heavy metal crap like Metallica or Poison.

Even a good country tune, a la Travis Tritt, a concert I missed last night due to a death in the family.

Party on, dude.

We're not worthy.:cheers::cheers::cheers:

cool thread, looks like alot of us here listen to alot of the same stuff

heres a few.....

the Doors-break on through (to the other side), LA woman, Touch me, Love me two times
Led Zeppelin-Heart breaker, ramble on, black dog, kashmir, house of the holy
The Rolling Stones-Sympahty for the Devil, jumpin jack flash
Guns N Roses-sweet child of mine
Alice Cooper- Im eighteen, under my wheels (good cruisin song), Schools Out, No more mister nice guy
Nazareth- Hair of the Dog, Miss Misery
pink floyd-comfortably numb, money, time

so many more....:-D

103.9FM use to be all new rock till it went rock/hip-hop (not as bad as i thought) but they recently got shutdown. :(

but i still have 104.3FM the hippo that plays classic rock and they have late nights with Alice Cooper. This station has turned me onto classic rock but i still love new stuff like system of a down.

i need to find a good new rock station. Maybe have to go satellite :( wonder how the selection and price is. :read2:

I feel your pain, n00b. Santa Cruz County has always been more than a little dry as far as the radio stations. I even worked as a DJ at a radio station in Monterey back in the early 90's for a short time. Won't list any names, but I played smoooooth jazz, kinda like Clint Eastwood in Play Misty For Me. Yeah, definitely NOT a rockin' gig. These days, I keep my tuner dialed to KZSC 88.1, our local UCSC station. College kids know how to keep it fresh and interesting :)

And oh yeah, PRIEST RULES!!!! :snakeman: Except for Turbo, I hated Turbo...:angry7:

And oh yeah, PRIEST RULES!!!! :snakeman: Except for Turbo, I hated Turbo...:angry7:

Rocka Roller! Stained Class! Sad Wings of Destiniy!

Point of Entry? Now that we know Halfords sexual preference, we know EXACTLY where that point is and what to do with those later albums.... :angry7:

RE: Sirrus,
I don't get to listen to the radio much. I live 1 mile from work...
I listen to the radio when I am working in the shop in the evening and on the weekends, but until summer gets here, evening work in the shop isn't a lot of time. I listen to internet radio some in the evening when I'm surfing.

I make a compilation CD to listen in my truck on a trip, but I may not get to listen to it for 2 or 3 months! Unless I am going to pick up parts in Atlanta or something I probably don't drive over 200 miles a month.

As a result, I can't justify to myself the expense of Sirrus.
C

When I was in L.A. 2 yrs. ago there were a few decent stations to listen to.... but N.Y. absolutely sucks for music. The Urban/Hip-Hop thing baffles me beyond belief. I can't believe the crap they're feeding todays market, and passing it off as "talent".

As far as I'm concerned, satellight is the only game in town. Go to www.sirius.com and sign up for a free 3 day trial offer. It's the best $11 a month I spend.

Lemme tell ya something. I was in Chicago last week, flipping through the radio and all I could find was rap, spanish stations and spanish rap. One or two rock stations, but most of what I heard was crap. Maybe I was in the wrong area, I dunno, but the radio there is worse than here if you can believe it.

Tool-Jambi
Metallica-One
Metallica-No Leaf Clover
Korn-Freak on a Leash
Dierks Bentley-My Last Name

What can I say, I like Rock and Country...:cheers:

Tool-Jambi
Metallica-One
Metallica-No Leaf Clover
Korn-Freak on a Leash
Dierks Bentley-My Last Name

What can I say, I like Rock and Country...:cheers:

Wow... Tool to Dierks Bentley. My brain hurts...

Opps, wrong thread! :-D

Who could forget:

Carlos Santana- Black Magic Woman

Easy there FastBack340...:brave:..I can favorite anything I want, I am not Biased to just ONE type of music.

I enjoy life and every emotion/feeling associated with it.

Any Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing, favorite song
Any Sammy Hagar or Montrose
Most Ozzy is good - Diary of a Madman, favorite album

Booker T and the MG's - Green Onions (it was my "handle" during the CB radio days).

Chuck

mine would be dixieland delight by alabama or the famous foggy mountain breakdown by flatt and scruggs:toothy10::-D:toothy10:

Who could forget:

Carlos Santana- Black Magic Woman

Easy there FastBack340...:brave:..I can favorite anything I want, I am not Biased to just ONE type of music.

I enjoy life and every emotion/feeling associated with it.

My reference was that this new station has horrible set lists. I like Carlos (Samba Pa Ti is a favorite of mine...) but NOT in the same set as Blondie & Foo Fighters.

I mean, I like onions, Lobster, and chocolate. But not together....

Here are just a few of my favorites:

1) Mean Streets: Van Halen
2)Fuel: Metallica
3)Gone, Gone, Gone: Bad Company
4)Don't Look Back & Dont Be Afraid:Boston
5)Green Grass and High Clouds: Outlaws
5)Slow Ride: Foghat
6)She Sells Sanctuary: The Cult

Just a few of my all time favorites and there are many more that I have not discovered in my short 23 years.

Top Three Road Songs.

3. Mott The Hoople.
Driving Sister/All The Way To Memphis (Ok, that's really two)

2. Foghat.
Ride, Ride , Ride.

1. Jo Jo Gunne.
Run, Run, Run

-
Back