Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Cheddar...medium

Votes: 19 17.4%
  • Havarti

Votes: 11 10.1%

• Total voters
-
funny cheese guys! and girls!

blue for tossed salid, sharp cheddar for cheesey grits, swiss for tukey sandwich, Colby for burgers. pepperjack for eggs. i'm a well rounded cheese guy!? I like cheese!

I like all of the above. Also like Smoked Gouda Cheese and any kind of Horseradish Cheese. Had Immanteller Gebacken in Austria last year. Lightly breaded , quickly deep fried European Swiss Cheese. Really good stuff !!

true swiss is hard to find because most meat stores actually have Asiago but call it swiss.

I live an hour and a half from Wisconsin. They have great fresh cheese there of all kinds. their state motto is "america's dairy land"...

I can buy fresh cheese and support my local neighbors... (Cheese heads.... LOL!)

My favorite is Parmesan and I'll sit there with a knife and carve chunks out of the wedge. It's good stuff. Swiss comes second.

This one time I had cheese curds from Wisconsin. Oh my. Those were addictive.

Well dang. Let me know if you need any dough.
Nope...would you like it lightly smoked...say a couple hours...Middle of the road...other smokey...a full 8-9 hours. We like heavily smoked but my taste buds are fried from that 10 year long sinus infection...we have a delicious slicer, would you like us to slice up some of it or would you prefer it in the butter sized blocks?
Times two,on Tillamook sharp cheddar.
Tillamook is pretty much all I can find up here. Ernies favorite is Colby Jack...mine is Pepper Jack. I smoke a 5 pound blocks of each cut into the size of a stick of butter. Smoke them, vacuum seal one per pack. Since we have started smoking cheese we use alot more cheese than we used to.
Of the cheese listed, medium cheddar. Mozzarella is good smoked too.

Great idea to use your smoker, adds a lot of enjoyment to inexpensive cheeses. Which is a good thing, because there is a whole world of cheeses out there that will turn you into a snob, but cost a small fortune.
Mozzarella.....it is on the list to be done...eventually. Have never smoked softer cheese. There is a few I would really like to try. Parmesan being one....but we use so little of it.
anything canadian!
marble is the standard in this house.

(reason for Canadian is i am a proud Canadian Dairy farmer)
mind you alot of cheeses have imported powders to make the cheese.

Would really like to smoke some Cheese from "up north". Trail is a 3+ hour drive from us...perhaps I will be talking to the wife soon.

I really enjoy using my smokers. Lot of stuff on the list to try. Ernie was reading some stuff on one of the smoking sites I frequent...she read some stuff on smoked nuts...almonds, pecans and a few others. Need to remind her to round up what we need.

I really like smoked black peppercorns. Since smoking them the first time I use a ton of black pepper now. Use one of those 14 oz containers from Costco a year. I smoked some for my buddy in AZ. When I mentioned I was going to send him some he was not all that enthused...but after using some he is singing a different tune now...

I also love the three pepper Colby jack, smoked gouda and sharp cheddar.

Nope...would you like it lightly smoked...say a couple hours...Middle of the road...other smokey...a full 8-9 hours. We like heavily smoked but my taste buds are fried from that 10 year long sinus infection...we have a delicious slicer, would you like us to slice up some of it or would you prefer it in the butter sized blocks?

I will leave that up to you. Surprise us. I will say that we do tend to like a strong smoke flavor whenever I do use the smoker and leave it right there.

White cheddar from Vermont. We get some from a friend that gets it shipped every Christmas... The best.

I always have colby jack or cheddar jack around as well as pepper jack. Our new found favorite is Castello brand Havarti Caraway. Those caraway seeds really brighten the taste of the creamy Havarti. tmm

Cooper sharp. Sharp cheddar. Imported Swiss. Not the domestic junk. sharp provolone hard to find.

Let me Know Ray, we go to Bagliani's every month. Love the Piave Red and extra sharp provolone, having some with lemonade now. They also have the best locatelli for grating at Sunday dinner.

Who's the guy on here that smokes racks of cheese?????????? I'll EAT any of that!!!!!!!

voted pepper jack but love them all!!!

Somebody fix this, I've always had issues posting vids-

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXGtWK-kTEM"]Pinky And The Brain - Cheese Roll Call - YouTube[/ame]

I remember my after h s school job,( 1964-66) the BIG round disc of cheddar, ah so good. and fresh white grapes out of the cooler!

if I won the lottery, I would go to the fancy cheese section and buy some of it all!!!! love the stuff!

I'm a sucker for a good Havarti, texture is perfect, can be eaten on its own, with crackers, or on an awesome sandwich.

I'm a big fan of nacho cheese....becuase it's "not yo cheese", it's MY cheese!!! :D :D

I like the horseradish cheddar they sell in the deli section. Yummy stuff!!!

-
Back