Favorite Duster tail lights.

Which year Duster has the best looking tail lights?

• 1970 - 1971

Votes: 162 61.4%

Votes: 69 26.1%
  • 1973 and up

Votes: 33 12.5%

• Total voters
-
My favorites are the '71-'72 !! But my really favorite favorites are the DEMON Tail lights !!

I have no Dusters, (nor Demons) I like the 70 with the pair of black stripes connecting them.

The 70/71 are the cleanest, because the division between them adds color contrast and detail.

I know just sayin the ones that do are ugly
I gotta agree with you on that! About 2 years ago there was one of those trim panels in a junk yard I went to and it was out in the open and in pristine condition. My buddy pointed it out and I said nobody wants them.

I gotta agree with you on that! About 2 years ago there was one of those trim panels in a junk yard I went to and it was out in the open and in pristine condition. My buddy pointed it out and I said nobody wants them.

x3

I like my 75 (no panel between).
I like all the years/styles, but painted stripe scheme in between can make a huge diff in appearance. That along with the color of the car - light or dark colors also make some look great - or very wrong.

My Favorite would have to be Demon tail lights. After that it would be the 70-71. I had a 76 I was fixing up for a while and the tail panel had some damage and if I was going to have to replace the metal I was going with 70/71. Never cared about "correct" just what I like.

Dream duster - 70/71 Tail Lights, 71/72 340 Stripe (Like it so much better than the 73/74 stripe), but on a 73 or later body with BBP and disc brakes.

The 1970-1971 style wins hands down. I dont know why they changed them.I also think the 1970-1972 front ends were far more attactive than the 1973 and later styles.

Once you get into the 1973 cars I prefer the Dodge Dart Sport.

my favorite has always been the 73-76 and i never was into the 72 style.....but now i have a 72 duster and the 72 has really grown on me....so i would have to say now that they are all nice 70-6

Has anyone ever changed a Duster that has an original sharktooth grill have the tail lights changed to the way they were originally intended? I read somewhere that the Demon tail lights were originally meant for the Duster to match the sharktooth grill.

I remember hearing about that too... It would be cool to see a Duster built that way!

Looks like most like 70-71 tail lights. I was wondering what it would look like if you were to paint the chrome bezel around a 73-76 body color. It might give somewhat the appearance of a 70-71. I have seen pictures of a yellow duster with the bezel removed which looks nice. But I would like to see some with the bezel left on and painted body color.

-
Back