• Total voters
-
70 plum crazy

Attachments

• IMG_5024.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 1,374
  • IMG_5023.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 908
FY1 here, original paint. i dont really care for it, but im stuck with it for now LOL

Attachments

• d256.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 869
Panther Pink
DSCF5450.jpg

Lemon Twist on my 70 Barracuda, mine was a teen car and you just had to be there when I painted it and rolled the shop door open to reveal the perfect color of Yellow :cheers:

Attachments

• 000at150ftjpov80.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 847
What's your favorite high impact color from the '69 to '71 model years?

Cool idea for a thread 451 Cuda!

I voted for Hemi Orange...

I also like the "2008 Model Year Go-Man-Go" on my 67 Fish and the "2009 Model Year Tor-Red" on my 71 Charger...

Merry Christmas to all!

Ma Snart

Attachments

• 71 Charger Passenger Side View #1.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 795
  • Shop Passenger Rear 3 QTR.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 865
I may be wrong, but if memory serves me, there really was no such thing to Chrysler as "Petty Blue". I think the real name was corporate blue, which was a standard color. It was nicknamed Petty Blue, because that was the color Richard Petty ran on his race cars. By the way, it is a beautiful color, and one of my favorites.

I may be wrong, but if memory serves me, there really was no such thing to Chrysler as "Petty Blue". I think the real name was corporate blue, which was a standard color. It was nicknamed Petty Blue, because that was the color Richard Petty ran on his race cars. By the way, it is a beautiful color, and one of my favorites.

you are correct .... called ...Blue Streak.....and Super Blue.:glasses7:

Thanks for confirming. Probably my 2 favorite colors on a Duster were that blue, and Rallye Red, also not a high impact color. My '73 Dart Sport is Top Banana Yellow, and if I ever get my Duster done, it will be Rallye Red. '73 was the last year for high impact colors, and yellow was the only one available

Thanks for confirming. Probably my 2 favorite colors on a Duster were that blue, and Rallye Red, also not a high impact color. My '73 Dart Sport is Top Banana Yellow, and if I ever get my Duster done, it will be Rallye Red. '73 was the last year for high impact colors, and yellow was the only one available

I don't know of any color that does not look good on a Duster or Demon......lol :D
My first Mopar was a 73 or 74 ...Dart sport, Yellow, Duel Snorkel scoop, black strip went over the roof and back towards the front, I was 18, ( now 50 ) I ran that poor car into the ground, I went through a 340 a 360 and sold it with a smoking very badly 318. I sure wish I had more since back then ...:banghead:..but MAN did I have fun with that car. :cheers:

I voted Bahama Yellow. Only because that is the true color of my V24 Duster. Its New Color is not listed

Attachments

• DSCF0090.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 879
There was a Butterscotch A12 Super Bee that ran around my town in the late '70s/early '80s, and it kicked alot of butt. I still remember that color and how well it fit that body style perfectly.

I voted FC7 though...I've owned 2 '70 Charger R/T's that color and stupidly sold em to finance the next project. 3d one will be a keeper for life!

Do you know the old street name for plum crazy?? statutory grape...the young girls loved that color.

Here's "A" rainbow from Monster Mopar Indy last year....but I prefer fe5 Rally Red.

Attachments

• 2012 monster mopar fall ball 073.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 702
  • 2012 monster mopar fall ball 071.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 748
  • 2012 monster mopar fall ball 036.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 652
-
Back