• FABO/enthusiast's forum classifieds

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Internet source (Specify)

Votes: 22 13.2%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 23 13.8%

• Total voters
-
Locally I use Napa and online I have bought from Rockauto with good luck. When I need 66 Dart specific parts, FABO has been great. I have also bought from E-bay with good results. tmm

When I buy local for parts I need right now. I go to the established stores
here. The ones that have been around for over 20 years. NAPA, Auto Value,
and Carquest. I've know the guys that work there that long! I know I'll get
the right parts.
I have bought from Rock Auto when I need stuff that can wait.
But the forabodiesonly parts store is the greatest!:blob:

Locally: Carquest, they usually have the parts and the knowledge to find them if they are not "standard" to my specific car. If I have no other choice I will go to Autozone but it's rare to find anyone there that knows more than how to fill a gas tank or check a battery. For on-line, I usually use Summit and occasionally Jegs.

hi y'all

i like autozone, its got the rewards card, plus the assistant manager Gavin is retired air force and a mopar guy to boot. He has a 72 Barracuda he is redoing. so when i come in the store looking for something that fits something else, he doesnt say well this part wont fit a 67 barracuda, he knows the whatever im wanting to buy for a different application its because i know its going to fit what im working on, or somehow im going to make it fit.

i also like the net, evilbay specifically its like a swap meet on my computer. i have found used parts for my project i otherwise would never have found. Ditto for FABO too.

i had to pick for the poll i chose autozone only because i use them for all my other vehicles as well too, but for hunting old stuff i prefer ebay and fabo.

matt

I use NAPA locally because they have the experience and knowledge to find something even if cross referencing from one car to another. When you start putting parts in from another car, rear end for instance, and you don't know what it came out of, it can be a real challenge for some.

Experienced counter guys/gals is the key.

Im into Advance auto right now. I can search their parts and order online or find the store that has the part in stock, purchase on-line and usually save 15-20 % with their discount codes and go pick up the part.

Mostly Autozone, some Advance, just cause they are convienent, open late and weekends... Can usually get stuff same or next day. If I know what I need ahead of time I'll use codes and order online from Advance, have saved a good bit that way.

depends on the the car for me. 94 honda civic parts are 95% from ebay, 02 dodge ram parts are 95% from autozone, where as 74 duster parts are 95% from summit.

B&B Auto, local Mom & Pop store. They still use PARTS BOOKS for cryin' out loud. Always go above and beyond. When I need a tailite bulb they don't ask if it's 4x4 or has A/C....

Do parts. Worked at all but Advance. Trick is finding a knowledgeable one,that cares about cars. Like spending money at local speed shops,if possible. Best place,I have ever seen,Tognotti's. in Sacramento. A converted supermarket,real estate covers a whole block.Used to work on vehicles as well. Mopar suppliers:Fabo,Scummit, Begs, hard core stuff Hughes.

Carquest. NAPA NEVER seems to have what I want, but the guys at my local Carquest know older cars and can find (and usually get it the same day) it for me!

Carquest Carquest Carquest.

They still carry a huge amount if high-quality, USA-made stuff. The price is WELL worth the quality.

I won't buy from O'reilly's at all, period. They have gone so cost-oriented that their quality blows. I have not bought a single part at O'reilly's that didn't fail nearly immediately. Lifetime warranty? Not. They'll only replace if they feel like it and if you replace too often, to hell with ya.

If I can't find a Carquest within 50 miles, I'll go to Autozone, but they favor too much Chinese Trash for my taste. I won't bother with Advance or any of those unless it's an emergency. Napa never seems to have what I want.

napa,is for tuneup,gaskets etc,vic hubbards for jets and other holley crap,ebay or fabo members for good stuff.....:D

I use NAPA locally because they have the experience and knowledge to find something even if cross referencing from one car to another. When you start putting parts in from another car, rear end for instance, and you don't know what it came out of, it can be a real challenge for some.

Experienced counter guys/gals is the key.

+1!!!! Napa know how, they're not lying! They actually know their way around a vehicle and understand how it works and don't mind taking the extra step to help you out! They seem to carry a 5-10% premium on their price-tag but I don't mind paying extra for great service, ease of returns, and a quality product!

Managed a Napa,2 year's. A little more up front,gets away from newbies,don't know much. Owning a NAPA franchise,has a healthy overhead.

Napa locally and internet for speciallty parts etc. I do paint at carquest and sometimes advance. I have been to Napas that are great and some that stink. Best Napa in Indianapolis area is Zionsville and Carmel second.

Martin- Senour,Nason , rock . Love Tec-Base,over anything DuPont/ Jason offers.My humble .02.

-
Back