fealer gage needed ?

-

j par

Well-hung Member
Reaction score
16214-1.jpg
??? LMAO!

The judges have weighed in and it seems as I have my first official wheelie! LOL

Awesome. So how much horsepower do you have. I KNOW there are a lot of other factors, but I always wondered about how much horsepower it took to yank a mostly street car's front wheels off the ground.

Most of the street car is gone. I've seen so many monster wheelies next to me and I'm thinking - "cool!" then I grab second and never see em again ? Maybe 380hp at the tires? If I put weight in the trunk I'm sure it would stand up no problem. It's cool and all but I'd be afraid of coming down to hard.

Awesome. So how much horsepower do you have. I KNOW there are a lot of other factors, but I always wondered about how much horsepower it took to yank a mostly street car's front wheels off the ground.

Most of the street car is gone. I've seen so many monster wheelies next to me and I'm thinking - "cool!" then I grab second and never see em again ? Maybe 380hp at the tires? If I put weight in the trunk I'm sure it would stand up no problem. It's cool and all but I'd be afraid of coming down to hard.
--------------
that`s cool, much higher and your wasting time, even tho it looks cool as he--.

If your car weighs 3500 with you in it...that's about 460-465 at the crank. You make enough MPH to run 11.0X so you need to work on the chassis/clutch/shocks so you can get the ET back you are missing.

I did weigh it one time (at the scrap yard of course) @ 3000 with me AT THE TIME 2-3 years ago in street rims and tires.
2780 by itself. (I've posted pictures before)
Since I've added 8 point Roll bar and frame connectors, D60 instead of 8 3/4, but 25lbs less per rim and tire up front and in back not sure.
None of this matters much anyhow as the motor/trans combination thats in it now is going to be changed.

Day light under the front tires is a way cool feeling..............good job!

Yea, big wheelies are cool, but I'd rather hold one like yours for 1/8 mile. :D

I have been told that the first time you pack the front wheels, you will know, because your elbow will smack the arm rest on the door. Have not had that experience as of yet. Not enough HP and two much weight on the nose..... a heavy asz driver don't help either.
For packing one tire you get the rating of..... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

-
Back