FED EX.......WTF

-
I cringe when I see something I bought is being shipped by FedEx. One item they lost, then they lost two separate shipments of my checks. I got through to a FedEx manager on the phone. He tells me they have been having problems with small packages. For a company who's only business is to ship something from point A to point B and admit they are having problems losing small packages says all you need to know.

You guys are scaring me. Just placed a Rock Auto order for some 2008 MINI Cooper gaskets earlier today, Am I gona get the Hot Beef Injection?
This is the first PITA I've had dealing with them. You'll have no problems I'm sure. I actually had 2 shipments from 2 different warehouses.....The first order (the big one) came 2 days early.

This is the first PITA I've had dealing with them. You'll have no problems I'm sure. I actually had 2 shipments from 2 different warehouses.....The first order (the big one) came 2 days early.
I've never had any problems dealing with Rock Auto, shipments typically arrive a day or two early.

As easygoing as us Canucks are, not all of us are allowed to cross into US. Who knew crossing the border with Polar Bear **** stuck to your tires is considered smuggling? :rolleyes:
Don’t feel bad, I’m not allowed into Canada and I really want to go.

Im pretty sure there are some unmanned border crossings we could utilize lol.
We are located in the Kawarthas, I'm not religious but it's God's country with all the lakes, backroads and serenity.
Don’t feel bad, I’m not allowed into Canada and I really want to go.

LOL, I read all the rants about shipping, and here is another..........

A RockAuto purchase shipped to Ontario Canada from Tonawanda NY via Memphis :BangHead: It's been sitting there since the 14th, as my car sits on the hoist waiting on parts. At least I'm saving $40 bucks from buying local.......:(

End of rant.

View attachment 1716224894
I wouldn’t be surprised if it arrives today. Often when things come from USA and end at tonawanda it’s seems to hang up for a few extra days. I received items at my door in Alberta when it still said at tonawanda. I think I can often be in transit but they don’t update the computer/tracking system? I think this is where it clears customs too which can take longer as well.

Good luck.

As easygoing as us Canucks are, not all of us are allowed to cross into US. Who knew crossing the border with Polar Bear **** stuck to your tires is considered smuggling? :rolleyes:
When your Outlaws like us you just naturally got to be cool!

Two days ago I made another order from Rock. Ever since the UPS guys got their raise, my shipping options always showed UPS with a huge cost over Fed X. But that last order other day, shipping was like $15 for either co. Yea just a little box this time! Rock suggested I use Fed X but since same cost I told them NO USE UPS!!! FedX here hires dopers and lazy idiots!!

Oh I know I am, they showed me the screen lol. Damn lists!
You’re now on a watch list I’m sure! lol
Lol, my Mom and Stepdad moved here after being in TO for over 50 years. She loves it here and I keep telling her to keep quiet about it or she'll be put in witness relocation!
Geez, you can't say stuff like that out loud :rofl:

LOL, I read all the rants about shipping, and here is another..........

A RockAuto purchase shipped to Ontario Canada from Tonawanda NY via Memphis :BangHead: It's been sitting there since the 14th, as my car sits on the hoist waiting on parts. At least I'm saving $40 bucks from buying local.......:(

End of rant.

View attachment 1716224894
As the main purchaser for the company I work for, I can honestly say that Fed Ex in Memphis is the worst hub in the world with the exception of maybe Belgium. Those two are headaches for sure. They "lost" one of my shipments to Tennessee, that was between me and Memphis. After calling several times over a month or so and getting passed off to several people who could barely speak English, I filed a claim for $5k and it shipped on to Knoxville with 3 or 4 hours. Funny how it magically appeared all of a sudden. Of course it was destroyed by them and was nothing more than spare parts in the end.
Moral of the story, I'd say that most "lost" packages are not lost out of that hub. Just plain awful people to work with.

I manage a distribution warehouse in the midwest. We ship all over North America and I have no confidence in USPS. Stuff we ship via that usually get there...sometime. It seems they have some trouble motivating their employees any better than Wal-Mart ones are. FedEx is no better, especially the horrible Ground business model. I worked for them for a decade.

I manage a distribution warehouse in the midwest. We ship all over North America and I have no confidence in USPS. Stuff we ship via that usually get there...sometime. It seems they have some trouble motivating their employees any better than Wal-Mart ones are. FedEx is no better, especially the horrible Ground business model. I worked for them for a decade.
We're running out of options!

Yeah, I believe that is what they are wanting us to do...not be able to fix anything. Disrupting everything we try to do. All the carriers make good money, but are so disgruntled & entitled nowadays. One of the guys in our receiving department asked one of the Fed Dex drivers recently that if a package comes through with the "Fragile, Handle With Care" stickers on it, do they really take better care of those packages and the driver said those are the ones they play football with and handle the roughest. Go figure.

As a fellow Canadian, I feel your pain.

Out of desperation, I have started using Canada post and USPS.

Guess what?

I'm finding it cheaper, more reliable but, not quite as fast as when the Courier companies get it right.

However, I am getting used to the longer delivery times , usually a couple of days in the difference.

I actually had Cas at Dr. Diff send me a Suregrip differential and a set of 3:55 gears via USPS.

Got it in 8 days!! And I'm in Newfoundland so much longer ways to go.
The trouble I found with Canada Post was the customs duty road apples applied to enrich rectums like the left dishonourable prime peckerhead of Canada, daesh dustbin turdo. Had to pay at the PO or it would be sent back.
I have had parts from Summit sent to a local agent for FedEx and jist had to sign for it.
The bug up my *** as another Canadian is the exchange rate. With the way tirdo keeps splashing money around, it is inevitable that eventually our dollar will fall into the outhouse basement and the exchange rate will head for the moon!
When I worked doing insyrumentation for oil companies mmany suppliers used DHL. I can not remember how many shipments disappeared or got misplaced. To meet a staryup date the oil company does not care why, but you are standing there telling them you can not finish because the part you ordered did not show up. I had to reorder a number of times and then the original order would show up a couple of days after the second was received. Sometimes the expected delivery got shipped to a competitor company who tossed it in their stock and said thank you quietly under their breath. Many of these shipments were valued at $2,000.
One of the other guys was expecting a delivery by Greydog. Eventually found pushed off to the side in Mexico City. It had been there for 2 weeks and they did not know what to do with it. Had to be told to put it on a bus and send to the correct bus depot.

Last edited:
USPS 1st for me followed by UPS then Fed Ex but with all carriers you have to it pack like it will be thrown off a roof.

The trouble I found with Canada Post was the customs duty road apples applied to enrich rectums like the left dishonourable prime peckerhead of Canada, daesh dustbin turdo. Had to pay at the PO or it would be sent back.
I have had parts from Summit sent to a local agent for FedEx and jist had to sign for it.
The bug up my *** as another Canadian is the exchange rate. With the way tirdo keeps splashing money around, it is inevitable that eventually our dollar will fall into the outhouse basement and the exchange rate will head for the moon!
Yup! I hear ya. We can't get rid of that idiot in Ottawa soon enough.

I found shipping via the post offices much cheaper than Fed Ex or the Ultra ripp off artists, UPS .

Also, never had anything damaged.

A lot slower though.

Still waiting on that early A body trans crossmember that Rani sent me about 6 years ago. Should be here any day now! :)

-
Back