Feedback Requested On Reproduction ‘69 Dart Dash Bezel

-

scatpackbee

Reaction score
Hey fellow FABOers,

P.G. Classics is having a sale and I’m thinking of buying their reproduction ‘69 Dart dash bezel and before dropping over $300 Canadian on one, I’d like to hear any feedback on the fit and finish on this part.

Thanks!

EEE26295-06F0-44F3-A6DD-24545C1EF8B9.jpeg

I had them do all three pieces on my 69 Dart Custom many years ago. The set they sent me were horrible. I could not get them to do anything about it. So I told them I was sending them back and after they inspect them and they tell me that the quality is good. That they could keep them and I’ll go away. They sent me another set. Thou they were much better. They still were not that good.

Thank you for your reply SGBARRACUDA.

I’ve heard that when the bezels were initially released the quality was terrible.

How long ago did you buy them?

I would hope they got the issues with the bezels cleared up by now.

Thank you for your reply SGBARRACUDA.

I’ve heard that when the bezels were initially released the quality was terrible.

How long ago did you buy them?

I would hope they got the issues with the bezels cleared up by now.
I would say it has been10 years or so.

The 1st set I got from PG the chrome was"wavy" and one lettering was incomplete.
I tried to keep the first set, so I could pick and choose the best pieces, no go.
Won't ship till I send the pieces back.
That was a mistake.
The second set, chrome was better, but not up to what I expected. The lettering was terrible - Viper instead of Wiper.
"Iites" instead of Lights, and other similarly poor !
When I phoned to complain, the lady that took my order, all of a sudden, - no speaky english so good, - "need to speak to bossyman, -he not here, try tmrw".
Was a 2 week run around, could have had a HALF decent set if
I had kept the first set.
Buyer Beware ! ! !

Last edited:
The 1st set I got from PG the chrome was"wavy" and one lettering was incomplete.
I tried to keep the first set, so I could pick and choose the best pieces, no go.
Won't ship till I send the pieces back.
That was a mistake.
The second set, chrome was better, but not up to what I expected. The lettering was terrible - Viper instead of Wiper.
"Iites" instead of Lights, and other similarly poor !
When I phoned to complain, the lady that took my order, all of a sudden, - no speaky english so good, - "need to speak to bossyman, -he not here, try tmrw".
Was a 2 week run around, could have had a HALF decent set if
I had kept the first set.
Buyer Beware ! ! !
That was kinda my experience with customer service. Basically tough luck is what I was told. I actually had to send them back on my dime. I told them on the phone that if you look at these and tell me that is your normal quality, that I would accept that and move on. Apparently even they thought they were bad cause they sent me another somewhat better set. To be honest with you, unless I was close to them and could look at the pieces first I wouldn’t recommend them.

It’s looking like I might just send my core out for rechroming and detailing.

Probably will be around the same cost....

Where would you send it? Does anyone in Canada, re chrome plastic?

Not that I know of.

l bought a done heater bezel off Mr. G’s when he was clearing his inventory out. All the instrument bezels were sold.

I’ve looked at G-car, Instrument Specialties and I’m looking at another place called Vacuumorna-Metal just outside of Detroit. They were recommended by Auto Instruments.

All the prices for rechroming and detailing my instrument bezel seem to be around $250-$300 US.

-
Back