Fellow MOPAR friend passes away

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
Sorry to hear of another MOPAR fan who also owned his own business passing. This guy rebuilt my transmission in my Duster when I lived in Massachusetts. Condolences go out to his family. Here is copy of obituary:

Richard U. Fortier
SWANSEA, MA — Richard U. Fortier, 68, of Swansea, MA, passed away on Friday December 11, 2009 at Charlton Memorial Hospital in Fall River. He was the husband of Ann (O’Melia) Fortier. Richard was born in Somerset, MA, the son of the late Ulric and Julia (Niemic) Fortier. He was a graduate of Somerset High School class of 1959. Mr. Fortier was the owner of Hartford Transmission for over forty years before retiring in 2003. He enjoyed his black labs, working on “MOPAR” cars and was a member of the Somerset Babe Ruth All Star Baseball team in 1956. Survivors beside his wife are three sons Joseph DeSouza of Natick, MA; Carl T. DeSouza and his wife Catherine of New Bedford, MA; Gregory DeSouza and his wife Tiffany Skinner-DeSouza of Warwick, RI: a brother Edward Fortier of Swansea, MA, and eight grandchildren. He was the brother of the late Edmund Fortier. His funeral service will be held on Wednesday at 11am in the HATHAWAY COMMUNITY HOME for FUNERALS, 900 Buffinton St., Somerset. Relatives and friends are invited to attend, burial to follow in Saint Patrick Cemetery Somerset. To Light a Candle, Sign Guest Book, Facility Directions, go to www.hathawayfunerals.com or call 508 672-3572. CALLING HOURS are Wednesday Morning prior to the service from 10-11am. Memorial donations in his memory can be made to the Town of Swansea Animal Shelter 68 Stevens Rd., Swansea, MA 02777.

-
Back