Felpro head gasket 521SD with nitrous

-

Mopars#1

Reaction score
I bought this motor already together, it has felpro 521sd gaskets in it, 12.5:1 forged trw pistons

I ran high 11's on motor ( this is a 340)

I had cometics on my old motor and sprayed 225 with out any issues, got my 318 into the 10's lol

I want to spray this motor as it is all forged with h beam rods, edelbrock heads.... I'm just curious if anyone has experience with these head gaskets with boost or nitrous? And how much did you run?

Thanks!

If it's got RPMs on it, IMO you've already got the wrong gasket on it. I'd pull them and replace it with the 1008s. The rounded fire ring on the 521SD will not compress as well with the aluminum. Over time it will lead to brinneling and wear a groove in the head. But short term it may have less sealing ability too. The 1008s are pre-flattened.

Dang, I was going to throw cometics in it when the motor was out of the car.. But I had 1 week to get it in for the meltdown drags.. Only reason I'm asking is because in these early a bodies with tti headers you have to lift the motors out to change the head gaskets. I love the car but it's the worst car to work on. I'm going to spray it with 150 anyway

-
Back