Fender emblem holes

-

Aussiemopars

Reaction score
Hey Guys. I know this question may have been asked before but I tried to do a search and I couldn't find it. So anyway... On our 69 Barracuda the fender emblems have been welded up at some stage in its life. I want to put the fender emblems back on with the 383S ones underneath. What are the measurements for the holes? As much info as possible please.

Attachments

• 2014-04-16 12.13.51.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 270
Thanks Dave. Yeah I know they are the wrong emblems as the proper ones have the raised borders but this is all I have to work with. If I can get at least some of the dimensions thats a start.

Just an fyi, that "barracuda" script looks to be for a 68 trunk.
Im watching this thread, as I have 340-s emblems for my "S" and curious to where they exactly mounted.

Check with member woody30 for the correct script if you are looking for some.

Just out of curiosity, have you looked at the back of the fender to verify that they have been welded shut? Many times you find that they are just filled with filler and you can get a sharp awl or other small wire or drill and open the holes back up. Even if they were welded, I doubt seriously that the back side was finished smooth and that you can find that original holes quite easily and drill them back out. Just food for thought.

My understanding is that the 340S or 383S emblems replaces the "fish" emblem under the Barracuda script.

The hole is definitely welded and looks to be about 1/2 inch across and very lumpy so I wouldn't be able to drill it from that side. It's going to be easier from the outside.

I've seen the ones pentastar parts have but I've already got these ones so I wanna go with these.

I guess I'll have to wing it. I thought there might be a template, I know the Chevy guys have them.

This is what I did when I found the 360 call outs for my dart. My front fenders didn't have any holes and I could find out if they were drilled from the factory or not. I bought the 360 call outs that had the pins for said holes. I carefully used a bench grinder to grind the pins down then bought some 2 sided tape,( 3 M), cut pieces that were the same length as the callouts and then used a sharp razor blade to trim around the call out. Cleaned the area on the fender with a little rubbing alcohol, measured and placed on the car, still there. If you go this route do a little grinding at a time as to not heat up the callouts. I was able to take measurements off another car, with the owners permission of course, good luck. :supz:

Tried some measurements on my passenger side. I used a straight edge laying on the top face of the fender. I did not follow the curvature of the fender with the tape. I just measured from the bottom of the straight edge to the holes. The bottom of the script does not appear to line up with the point of the fender. The last picture with the upside down tape is measured using the straight edge off the fender nose tip (not the grill) and again I did not follow the curvature.

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/1969/barracuda/69barracuda002.jpg

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e1/a5/71/e1a5712b49e7731068d5e8adb8ba4bbe.jpg

Attachments

• PassSideScript1.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 99
  • PassSideScript2.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 120
  • PassSideScript3.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 116
  • PassSideScript4.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 122
  • PassSideScript5.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 126
-