Fender Indicator Bulb Replacement

-

66cuda-s

Reaction score
I am wondering if the bulb in the fender turn signal indicator for my 66 Barracuda is replaceable. I took the amber lens/bulb assembly out of the indicator housing and there is so much rust that I cannot see if it is supposed to come apart. If it is replaceable, where can I get a bulb?
Thanks,
66Cuda-S

I ended up buying new assemblies off Ebay for 75 bucks because mine were rusty like yours and when I tried to take them apart they twisted off the lens.

Kruzinmoon's is the way to go. Good product. Helpful too. The bulbs are replaceable too. I bought the bulbs on line from a lamp dealer. bought in bulk for about 45 cents a piece. Let me try and find the link for the bulbs...

http://www.skygeek.com/t1sinmidflan4.html

Aloha Mike

I need a new right side, but the bulbs dont come out on the hat style, $225 for a set, yikes.

Of course they come apart. Here's the FPC page (below) and here's a cost-effective source of replacement bulbs (or you can pay $5 for two bulbs elsewhere if you prefer).

66_Barracuda_Fendersignal.jpg

take it off the car and soak it with liquid wrench for a few days until you can get it apart NAPA can order you the bulbs

Great!! Thank you all for the help. First I will try to get them apart. If they break, I'll order new lenses/bulbs. Thanks again. FABO... great recource!!

i found the bulbs in stock at a local mom and pop auto parts store,,,less the 2 bucks i bought 3 or 4...

the kruzin moons amber lenses arent perfect to the orignals but once there in the housing you cant tell,,

if you dont soak them in some sort of rust buster,,you will for sure break the orignal lens when you try to twist off the wire cap,,there is a small phillips screw holding the bulb and backing plate to the amber lens,,good luck with that screw,,,

-
Back