Fender mounted oil filter

-

Dalton697

Reaction score
Does anyone use a fender mounted oil filter on the dart, I'm changing the motor and looking a the placement of the oil filter looks like a pain to change with the exhaust?

Are you running headers? If so and you use a short filter, it's not bad. I have been thinking about doing the same thing though when I replace my engine.

When I took the motor out it had stock exhaust and was a pain, when I put the motor back I putting headers on it...thanks will look for short filter

I just lay a rag or two on the header place the drain pan under it, and I can loosen and remove the filter from the top.

I do and it's great . Used some permacool fittings and had hydraulic lines made up. My lines are attached to the right angle adapter .
Changing the filter now is a breeze, no more oil on the headers.

Not the best pic, but I have had my filters relocated to the fender since 1983, wouldn't want it any other way, so much eaisier to change when doing an oil change. I have headers too btw.
And no I do not use Fram filters any more old pic.

Attachments

• motor 2.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 122
Like this ?
I pulled all this stuff off the car for the new motor........now a Canton products filter plumbed into the front of the block with -10 from the filter boss..
So yes.......it's all for sale.:D

Attachments

• oil filter 004.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 90
  • oil filter 005.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 113
  • oil filter 006.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 96
  • oil filter 007.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 96
This is all I ever had on the car. So I'm not sure if its better than before. When I purchased the car right away I installed some TTI headers among a few other things. Do to the limit spacing from the headers I installed this. My motor is currently at the machine shop getting stroked, I may be ditching this and trying a short filter in the stock location.

engine001small.jpg

-
Back