fender tag decodong

-
Thanks for the info but I'm not sure if this was a formula s or not and the fender tag decoder has a lot of info missing for my car

The one should be fairly easy. Post a good close up photo of the tag or the info off the tag and we'll help you out.

Thanks for the link 73abodee I got all the info except the paint code and the upper door frame. It still doesn't really say which sub model it would be if any

The tag says
C55 h51 m21 r11 v78 en2
W1 w1 h6x x9 707 188086
E44 d31 bh23 f9b 439621

It is not a Formula S, unfortunately.

Looks like it is/was a White 318, auto car with AC. Only one model it could be with that engine, a standard Barracuda.

buckets, black interior, drip rail trim, AM radio, stripe/side moulding delete

Thanks for the link 73abodee I got all the info except the paint code and the upper door frame. It still doesn't really say which sub model it would be if any
happy to help. so far that site has decoded everything ive punched in with the exception of a couple "unknown" codes.

Would you happen to know why the production slip would say 360 under engine yet the vin says 318?

Probably a typo since the 360 didn't come out until late '70. What code is in the engine box?

Yes, the number(s) on the broadcast sheet in the box for the engine code. Did you verify that the VIN on the broadcast sheet matches the VIN on the car?

Line 2 under eng. Is 44. Line 3 under engine says 360 and yes the vin matches

On a '69 broadcast sheet line 2 E eng 44 is correct for a 318. Line 3 starts out with the codes for the steering column.

-
Back